chapter twelve: a little white lie

"Ryder... I'm-" I looked into Ryder's blazing angry eyes. I had never seen anyone look like that.

"Get off her!" He yelled, punching Phoenix clean on his jaw. By now, he had all of our full attention. Jax looked away, but Ace kept looking at Phoenix, his eyes wide with surprise.

Phoenix got up slowly and calmly, which only seemed to scare me more. Vibrant red blood dripped down his chin, contrasting against his soft white skin. He wiped it off carefully, but ended up smearing it. His eyes stayed on Ryder, watching his every move.

"This pretty one your girl, Ryder?" Phoenix said smugly, reaching out his hand to graze my chin gently. I pulled my face away, but he grabbed it roughly, his cold fingers sending chills up my spine once again.

Ryder lunged at him, grabbing him roughly by his shirt collar. He pushed him against the wall, causing the whole house to shake.

"Don't. Fucking. Touch. Her." He said through his teeth, getting close to his face. Phoenix had a smug smile plastered on his face, which only seemed to infuriate Ryder more. He was about to say something else when the front door opened. The rest of the boys trudged into the house, before stopping in their tracks. They looked at Ryder and Phoenix with wide eyes, and then back at me with confusion.

"What's wrong?" Gunner asked innocently. Fox and Scout stayed silent, their eyes glued to Phoenix's bloody face.

"What happened..." Scout finally spoke up.

"Nothing important, right Ryder?" Phoenix smirked.

Ryder looked back him, absolute anger in his eyes. I stood there awkwardly until Ryder finally let go of Phoenix. He gave him a push, but it only made Phoenix laugh. Ryder turned to me and grabbed my hand quickly as he dragged me to our room. Phoenix's laughter echoed in my mind as Ryder slammed the door behind us.

Ryder turned around, facing the window, his back turned away from me. I leaned against the wall, not knowing what to say. It was so quiet.

"What did he do to you?" He finally asked.

"He just kissed me..." I replied quietly.

I saw him tense up as he said, "And you kissed back?"

"No." I lied, looking down.

He sighed and turned around, his eyes landing on my neck. "What the fuck is that?"

"From when he kissed me..." I whispered. His eyes flared with anger as he clenched his fists.

"What did I fucking tell you Bella?" He yelled.

Now it was my time to flare up with anger.

"Tell me? Tell me? You fucking know you can't tell me because I sure as hell am not one to listen to others." I snapped back at him.

"Ok ok fine, I'm sorry. I just hate seeing him do this to you. And then he acts like he owns the place." He sighed, running his hand through his hair. His eyes suddenly landed on the door.

"No. No. Ryder no." I begged, knowing what he was going to do. I grabbed his arm, trying in vain to bring him closer to me. It was no use, he would practically rip the door open if he wanted to. He removed my hand gently, pushing me aside as he headed for the living room. Oh god.

"Where the hell is he?" I heard him yell. God, he was so different than Dean. Dean would have never given another guy the time of day. He didn't care what happened, as long as he had me in the end. Like I said, Dean didn't care about anything. Ryder, it seemed, cared too much.

I ran out to the living room to find Phoenix sitting on the couch comfortably watching as Jax held Ryder back.

"Ryder please." I begged. All the boys leaned in, as if they were watching their own personal movie.

"Aw no, let him babe. Let's see what he can do." Phoenix purred. His devilish face happy with glee.

"Don't call her that." Ryder sneered.

"How cute." Phoenix replied getting up to face Ryder. I watched in horror as he pulled out his switch blade and pressed it against Ryder's throat.

"Stop!" I yelled. "That's enough."

"If you say so. I just wanna get him mad." Phoenix sneered. He grinned as Ryder tried in vain to escape from Jax's grip.

"Oh? Maybe this will work." He continued. I watched him make his way over to me, and before I knew what he was doing, he had that same knife, now pressed on my throat.

"Don't you DARE." Ryder yelled as he tried to get to me. Phoenix grinned down at me, and I looked into his endless icy blue eyes. That's when I knew his boy was even crazier than me. Even crazier than Dean. Phoenix was something else. Something I couldn't understand, and I didn't think I wanted to.

"Hey, Phoenix c'mon man let her go." Ace spoke up.

"Phoenix c'mon-" The rest of the boys talked over each other, but I couldn't understand what they said.

His wicked smile faded, turning into a scowl. He looked back at Ryder, and without taking his eyes off of him, he lightly drew a thin line on my neck, but enough to draw blood.

"That's it." Ryder yelled desperately. "Let me go."

The rest of the guys scrambled to get Phoenix away from me, seeing the situation worsen. Jax let Ryder go and he immediately lunged at Phoenix, who quickly got out of the way.

"Relax..." He said carelessly. "I was just playing
around..."

"That was not playing around." Ace snapped.

"Watch it kid." Phoenix sneered, stepping towards him.

"Hey, all of you cool it. Phoenix, that wasn't necessary. C'mon man." Jax spoke up.

"Whatever. I'm out." He spat as he headed towards the front door. That proud smug look on his face never seems to leave.

-
oof sorryyy for all the drama!