chapter three: charlie

I sat down, resting my chin on my palm. I sighed, it was only Thursday. I broke away from my thoughts. There you were again. We locked eyes as you passed by my seat. I didn't really know much about you, except that your name was Dean Castor, you were somewhat a "rebel" or a "bad boy", and that you lived alone with your father. I heard you had gotten expelled a few times, and rumor had it, this was your fifth school.

"What ya thinkin' about?" A voice broke through my thoughts, making me gasp. "Hey I didn't mean to scare you." Charlie said, laughing softly. He had a goofy smile, one that could make anyone melt. He was a happy-go-lucky kinda guy, everything was a joke to him. I could have fallen in love with him. With his chiseled features and his floppy head of hair. I don't know why I didn't.

"Hey." I finally responded.

"Sooo, you going to Bryan's party on Saturday?" He asked, his eyes pleading. I couldn't take his puppy dog eyes. "I thought we could go together. I could pick you up if you want, nothin fancy." He asked, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "Yeah sure, I would love that." I replied, cracking a smile. I would have said no if it wasn't for his damn smile. He was so handsome, it was almost impossible to keep your head straight.

"Cool. Pick you up at 5:00?" He whispered, obviously relieved.

"That'd be great." I smiled. He just wouldn't stop would he? He looked deep into my eyes, still as damn persistent as ever.