Chapter 12 : A Month Later

ALEXA'S POV

It's been a month since I've shifted to Miami. It's not so bad, actually. I miss Spain, but I'm starting to feel settled here, now. I have become quite comfortable with everyone, now. I don't feel out of place, anymore.

I yawn and push my blanket off. I walk over to the window and open the curtains. The sun is just rising and various shades of orange paint the horizon. You can see the waves of the sea and hear their soft rumble, as they are rising and falling, gently.

I check the clock in my room, just to see that I have woken up twenty minutes early. I can hear the sound of chairs moving, downstairs, indicating that my parents were preparing for breakfast.

I admire the blushing sky for a few more moments and then I decide to go to the terrace, to get a few pictures of it.

I take my camera, as I head upstairs and I click pictures of the beautiful sky. It's not very cold, but I can feel the cool floor of the terrace against my bare feet.

I click a picture on Snapchat and send it to Tyler, saying, "I think I'm going to fall in love with the skies in Miami ❤️"

After ten minutes, I go back to my room and brush my teeth. I pick out a grey turtleneck top and my favourite pair of black ripped jeans.

After having a bath, I go downstairs to meet my family. My grandma is sitting on the couch, knitting something, as usual. I peck her on her cheek, "Buenos días, abuela!" She smiles at me, "Buenos días, mi Alexa."

"Good morning, Alex!" My dad greets me. "Hey, dad! How was your meeting last night?" I chime in.

"Good. What's it like to work with your favourite band, huh?" He grins at me.

"It's amazing. I love working with them. They've become my best friends, so I don't feel like I'm working with my colleagues or something. We're all going out for bowling today."

"I'm so glad that you're enjoying your work! I feel so pathetic that I don't have so much time to ask you about your school and work, everyday." He frowns.

I shake my head, "You ask me whenever I meet you, though. That's okay, I guess."

My mom enters the room with an omelette and a glass of orange juice. She keeps it in front of me and takes her place next to me.

After talking about general things, for a while, my mom speaks up, "Honey, your dad and I are going to Spain for the whole of next week, on Saturday. We have to attend a few important meetings. You could come with us, if you want."