Silent Once (Markiplier)

Suggested by: UndertaleLover45678, _XxKittyKitKatxX_, and Bingoprincess123.

Part two to "Quiet Boy".

======================

"No, you just have to look at it this way, a-and...." Mark trailed off, looking down. "I'm not helping, am I?"

"No, you're doing just great," you replied, patting him on the back. His face turned red, yet he nodded.

"Alright...." He continued speaking about the science lesson you had learned yesterday, and your gaze wandered to the trumpet case laying on your bed. Yesterday you had just lost two of your best friends and gained a new one. You wondered how the school would react at the most popular person in school talking to... well, Mark.

"Thanks for helping me, by the way," you said quietly.

"It's nothing. It's the least I could do after yesterday, after all," he answered in a morose voice, looking up at you with a shy grin. You really did appreciate his help; he just seemed to like the fact that he had a friend. "You don't... regret that, do you?"

"No. I never have and I never will," you answered. "My friends were jerks, anyway. It was no big deal, especially after they threatened to ruin your trumpet."

He just shrugged and turned back to the homework. You smiled at the shy boy and turned back to the piece of paper.

The next morning at school, you were talking to your classmates when someone pushed you from behind, making you stumble into your locker. Mark was standing there, looking livid.

"You liar!" he screamed, tears falling down his face. You were shocked and confused. What was he talking about?

"Mark, I don't understand," you said, but he just cut you off, saying,

"You said that you were my friend! You told me that you weren't going to hurt me!"

"I didn't, Mark. What are you talking about?" you asked him.

"Don't ask as if you don't know! You did this!" He leaned closer, and you could see his eyes, red with tears and fury. "Don't ever come close to me again, (Y/N)! I thought I could trust you!" He stepped back, and wiped his eyes, muttering in a quieter voice, "I thought you were my friend." He stormed off, and your friends finally spoke up, almost as confused as you were.

"Is he okay?" one of them asked.

"I... I don't know," you just answered as the bell rang, signalling the end of your break period. You stared at the way he went, then picked up your backpack and went to your next class.

When the bell rang, you were determined to find Mark.

"Have you seen Mark?" you asked a group of girls.

"Who?" they asked innocently.

"Band guy. Four-foot two-ish," you answered quickly, looking down the hallway.

"Sorry. Never heard of him," they all shrugged and walked away.

"He's in your math class!" you just shouted at them and turned away.

You found him sitting in the park near the school, crying silently. When you walked up to him to talk to him, he stepped away, wiping his drenched cheeks.

"I told you to stay away from me!" he cried, grabbing his backpack and turning to leave.

"Do I at least get an explanation for this?" you asked.