Silence Is Bliss (Darkiplier X Antisepticeye X Mute!Reader)

Suggested by: IGNiK_.

==============================

There wasn't really any other way to say this nicely: you couldn't speak. It was just a fact of life; your life. Your vocal chords hadn't properly developed in the womb, therefore it was a problem towards the whole "speaking" situation.

But to look on the bright side, you never had to do a public presentation in front of people.

However, to every pro, there is a con. And there were a lot of pros, therefore, there were as many cons.

One of said cons was something called high school, and the bully that loved making your day as bad as the word "bad" could go.

Their names, you didn't know, but everyone in your class called him Antisepticeye. You would say that it was a strange name, but your friend was called Darkiplier, so you couldn't really judge him.

"Hey, lass. How are ya?" Anti snickered behind you, patting your roughly on your shoulder. You just waved, only half paying attention to the bully behind you. "I do believe I said hello, mute," he said after you put down your hand. "Don't you have any manners?"

You just rolled your eyes, and turned your back to him to find the right binder for class.

"Uh oh. The mute just made a big mistake," the bully said, clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth like he was disappointed. You were shoved back to the wall, staring into his glaring, angry eyes. You just shoved him back, not affected by his games. You had better things to do then be afraid, anyways.

You gave them the finger, and strutted away.

"I'll see you in class, love," he chuckled behind you. A chill shot down your spine, but you shook it off for a lone blast of air from the vents above you.

In class, you sat in the corner of the room, opening your laptop and turning to your homework so you could check the answers.

"Alright class, let's see if you did your homework," the teacher said as soon as she came into the room. The class groaned; she didn't often check homework, but when she did, a lot of people were going to end up in detention.

Ms. Evans was strict, but fair. She was a nice, middle-aged woman with stark black hair and bright red lipstick, who you knew to be kind and helpful, when she was in a good mood.

She could also sign, which is what also helped a lot.

Ms. Evans walked around the class, checking the other student's screens to see if they did the work from last night. The whole of first row had detention after school; Anti included. He would skip, though. He always did, and his parents didn't seem to care. So, Ms. Evans gave up on the hope of ever teaching him anything.

"Did you do it?" Ms. Evans asked you. You turned your laptop so she could see, and she skimmed through your answers. With a curt nod and a small smile, she signed a quick, "thank you" and moved to the front of the classroom.

"Alright class. I've been noticing that quite a lot of you have been slacking off on your homework. Take out your textbook, go to page three-hundred and forty-nine...."

After class, you quickly packed up, waved goodbye to your teacher, and walked out of the classroom.

"Hey, mute!" someone shouted behind you to catch your attention. You could already guess who it was.

"What do you want, Anti?" Your hands signed. He just looked at them confusedly.

"He was just leaving," came another voice behind you. Anti looked at him and snorted; Darkiplier was there.

"How was class?" you asked him. He just smiled at you.

"She's not our priority, Anti. You know we have an actual target, and that's the only reason we're here," Dark hissed to the bully.

"What are you talking about?" you asked him, after tugging his sleeve to get his attention. He just gently pushed you back.

"We'll talk about it later, (Y/N)," he signed, and turned back to Anti.

"So what? If I'm gonna be stuck here, then I might at least have a little bit of fun," Anti complained, looking put out.

"What if she ever finds out? Do you realize how much you're putting us in danger?" your friend asked in a low, angry voice.

"I'm being careful!" Anti shot back.

"Not careful enough. I'll see you tonight," Dark snapped, and grabbed your arm to signal you to follow him.

"What was that about, Dark?" you asked him.

"Nothing, (Y/N). Nothing you need to know about, at least. There's just something that the both of us have to do, for our families, and I just don't want you to get caught up in it," he motioned, and nodded his head towards the door, silently begging for the two of you to leave. You complied, walking with him to the door.

"What, are you guys selling drugs or something?" you joked. He chuckled, and replied,

"No, nothing like that. Just some old feud that we have to make up for."

"Just let me know if something goes really badly, alright, Dark?" you said. "Promise me."

All you got was a halfhearted smile, and a silent walk home.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Dark said when you got to your house. He lived a street or so down from you, so it took him longer to get home.

"Alright. Bye, Dark." You smiled at him, and closed the door, wondering exactly if what Dark told you earlier was the truth.

==============================

Word count: 905