Hire My Ass (Bim Trimmer)

Suggested by: Link889.

Disclaimer: Partial self-insertion.

======================

"So, I hear you're desperate for some money?"

"Erm... well, yes. I've been in and out of jobs for the past few months, but I really want something more secure," you explained nervously. Your palms were sweaty with the stress, but you really needed this job. Not only did you live close by, but it paid well, and it would be really great if he- the man interviewing you at the moment- hired you. Or at least considered you.

Look, uh... (Y/N)," the man sighed, flipping through your résumé, "I don't know. I'll talk to my manager, but with your capabilities... it's not looking good for you. I'll call you if I manage to work something out, though, okay?"

You knew he wasn't going to call back. Not when you saw the lineup of potential workers all much better suited for this line of work. Yet you nodded, and kept your head held high.

"Alright, thank you."

He man chuckled, "Don't thank me yet." He handed you back your résumé and you walked out the door, seeing the men and women all waiting for their interview.

Months wasted like that. You got a few jobs here and there, some office jobs, most fast food restaurants, but each time, a small mistake or screw-up cost you your role in your job. You were a liability to most companies, but you didn't know why. You worked hard, got there early, but there was always someone better suited for the job.

Then, one day, you saw a flyer for a new opening in a small company. And you had nothing else to lose. You were really behind on your bills and loans, and the government was threatening to take away your house in a month. So, you headed to the office building, hoping to see a receptionist to at least get a final chance before you were finally bankrupt and homeless.

It took around half an hour to get to where you needed to be, but when you did, you instantly walked up to the receptionist.

"Hello?" you asked. She looked up from her computer after a few seconds.

"Oh, hello! What can I do for you?" she asked with a smile.

"Uh, yeah. I saw a flyer about a job opening. Is there anyone I could see for that?" You gave a nervous smile, scratching the back of your neck worriedly.

"Of course! Just this way, if you please." She stood up, and made her way to the elevator.

"Who's your boss?" you asked as the two of you made your way into the elevator. The red numbers on the screen steadily rose as you went higher and higher up.

"His name is Daniel. He's the one that's going to interview you," she explained sweetly, then turned away, pressing her finger to her earpiece and starting to speak into it.

"Mr. Kyre, sir? We're coming up, there's someone requesting an interview. Okay, I'll bring h- okay. Alright. Thank you. Bye." She smiled up at you, and the elevator doors opened. "Right this way. He's a bit busy, so you'll only have a limited time with him."

"I'll make it quick," you assured her, and stepped out of the elevator. "Thank you!" She waved at you, then pressed the button to head back down.

"Last door at the end of the hallway to your left!" she called just as the doors closed.

Taking a deep, nervous breath, you patted down your clothes and headed to the heavy oak door where Clara said his office was. Sure enough, there was a nameplate on the right side of the door, spelling out