Hidden Love (Darkiplier)

As the loud music droned and the strobe lights blinded, you stood by the washroom door of the nightclub, staring at your best friend. He was dancing with a girl.

The woman's name was Joyce, whose brown hair swept into waves down to her elbows. She was sporting an off-the-shoulder black t-shirt with a short pink skirt. They were laughing, enjoying themselves.

Your friend's name was Darkiplier. He was a demon, but a benevolent one, you supposed? For the most part, at least, except when things got bad. He was your best friend, you knew him for a long time.

And you wanted him to be so much more than a friend.

You noticed Joyce had leaned on Dark's shoulder, and you scowled unintentionally, glowering at the ground. You decided to put an end to things before they got too... close.

"Time to go," you nodded to the demon.

"What time is it?" he asked as he wrapped an arm around Joyce's shoulder.

"One. In the morning," you told him. "Time to go."

You were basically the caretaker of the group, making sure that Dark didn't get himself in too much trouble. It was a really hard job.

"It's a Friday, (Y/N)! We can stay a bit longer," your friend chuckled, swaying to the beat of the new song with his forehead on Joyce's. She was looking at him with a love-struck face; Dark was smirking slightly.

"I'm tired and I want to go home, but I won't leave without you," you just sighed.

"Fine. Joyce, wanna hang out at my place?" Dark asked huskily. She just giggled, nodding a bit. You rolled your eyes behind their back and strutted away with your heart cracking ever so slightly.

You had to admit it; you loved him. His deep voice, that could either be soothing or harsh. You loved every strange quirk about him.

But he didn't know that. You were just a friend to him, nothing more. Maybe not even that. A roommate? Not even. Just someone he can use to make sure he has an excuse for Mark not to lock him up again.

So as you walked to the car to drive them home, hearing her laughing and giggling, you frowned, shaking your head. He wasn't worth it.

When you got back to your place, you looked back and saw that they were kissing deeply.

"We're here," you half-yelled. Joyce shot back, glaring at you, but got out anyway, waiting for Dark to come out.

"Are you alright, (Y/N)?" Dark asked.

"I'm fine," you lied through gritted teeth. "Out."

He paused but then did as told, opening his door and hopping out, wrapping his arm around Joyce's shoulder. You turned off the engine and walked inside, taking off your jacket and hanging it on the coatrack.

When you walked deeper into the house, you saw Dark and Joyce on the couch, cuddling and kissing more. It made your insides boil, and you glared daggers at the girl from the club. They pulled apart, and Dark glanced at you, but you turned away before he saw the tears brimming in your eyes.

"I'm gonna go get some sleep. Just... don't make too much noise in bed, you two," you snapped, turning around, then walked upstairs to take a shower and get some rest, hoping to get today out of your head.

Once you took a shower and got your pyjamas on, you snuck downstairs to see if Joyce was there; she wasn't, neither was Dark. Frowning, you wondered where they were. You walked back up to Dark's room, but you didn't hear anything. Slowly, you opened the door, and saw Dark lying in bed under the blankets facing towards you, fast asleep.