Left Wanting (Darkiplier X Yandere!Reader)

Suggested by: KawiiBirb.

==============================

If someone asked if there was one emotion to describe you, anything at all in the entire world, the answer would be quite simple.

Nothing.

Because that's what you felt constantly. Nothing. Emptiness. Where there was supposed to be a heart, was stone. Where a soul usually resided, there was a pit.

Of course, it's not like you cared. You didn't even know what "care" was, anyways, so how would you know what was wrong with you? Of course, you knew that something was missing, obviously, but you just didn't know what. You couldn't fathom emotions when they explained it in preschool and kindergarten, didn't know why the kid in the corner was crying because he scraped his knee, and you certainly couldn't comprehend why your dad was screaming at your mom for what was wrong with you. You were just a blank slate, but you didn't know why.

Then again, you didn't really have a reason to mind. After all, you didn't care.

So, you often spent your time wandering the streets of L.A., where you resided, late at night, to see if the stars were as beautiful as people often said. But you didn't see it. They were lights in a sky. You could see lights in a building, on a ceiling. It was the same thing, just a bit farther. But maybe something was just wrong with you.

Oh, well.

One late night, just past twilight, you stared at the busy street as you walked down the sidewalk, watching the flow of cars pass by, trying to see if there was something that you were missing. Because the flow of cars wasn't as pretty as the night sky, right? Even though they were both lights, flickering until they went away?

Why was the highway so busy at this time of night, anyways? Maybe something was happening, something important. But you didn't know. You didn't really bother keeping up with recent news. It was all relative, anyways.

"Oof!" a man grunted as you rammed straight into him. You fell back, but used the wall beside you to steady yourself. You looked up, and into dark eyes. Dark eyes, shining with the reflection of the headlights.

And you suddenly saw the beauty in stars.

His eyes were black, as black as coal, the night sky, an animal's fur, but you could see a million other shades in them. He was wearing a suit, clean and crisp, and his hair was messy.

He was beautiful.

And all of a sudden, as if the wool had been lifted from your eyes, you felt, and you saw. You felt something inside your chest, an ache, a flutter of a million things at once. You saw perfection, you noticed the small details in the man you would never have noticed before.

"I-I...." you stammered, trying to find something to say. He just looked back as if he was hiding from something, and then turned back to you.

"Sorry, I have to go," he grunted.

"Wait!" you cried. He just looked shocked. "What's your name?"

"Dark. Darkiplier. I really must leave." It was then you noticed the bloodstains on his suit, and the way his hands were still curled in fists, with blood staining his knuckles. He turned away with a snarl on his face, looking past you, and spun around, vanishing into the night.

"Where did that bastard go?" someone asked behind you, forcing you to turn around to face him.

"Why? What did he do? What are you gonna do to him?"

"I'm gonna kill the son of a bit-" Before the man could finish his sentence, before you even had a chance to see his face properly, you reared back and, with all your might, punched his nose. His head shot back, and the back of his head hit the brick wall behind you. You didn't know what you were doing, all you knew was that you had to protect him. Your love.

So, when you walked away, your knuckles were as bloody as Dark's were, and you left a dead body behind you. But you didn't care. The one thought that was engraved into your head was that you needed to see Dark again.

No matter what.

==============================

Word count: 685