38 | i love you

I love you
__________
S O N G :
I'm closing my eyes by Potsu ft. Shiloh
_________
K A T A R I N A

After finding out that my boyfriend, Luis had stage 4 lung cancer. I stayed by his side at all costs. All those days he would say his Aunt was sick and sent to the hospital- it was actually for him.

"Water?" I ask, watching him looking out the window.

He turns to look at me with a smile," No thank you, but thanks Babe."

I blush at the pet-name," I honestly don't why I always blush when you call me 'Babe'. You literally say that all the time."

"You're just flattered, that a sexy man has his full attention on you," he smirks.

"Oh, shut up. Want to go sit under the tree? You keep looking outside," I ask.

"Yeah, actually. If you don't mind."

"Don't be silly," I chuckle, walking over to him. I grab the handles of his wheel-chair and take him outside," Hold on, there's a bump," I quickly warn him.

"Oofh," he sighs, as we go over the bump.

"Alright," I say, as soon as we're under the tree.

A huge gush of wind hits us," Oh my gosh, I forgot your jumper! Let's go back in," I say, but he stops me shortly.

"Don't stress yourself. It's okay. I already have 2 jumpers on," he cheekily grins, showing me the layers.

"Are you sure you're not cold?" I ask, unsure.

"Yes! Now relax," he chuckles.

"Okay," I sigh, leaning against the tree.

"What do you plan on doing? Graduation is on Friday," he says, making small talk.

"Also formal, but don't worry.. I won't go, if you aren't," I say, shaking my head.

His smile drops," If you want to go to formal, then go ahead. I don't want to stop you," he says.

I wave him off," Shut up. I actually don't want to go, but to answer your previous question. I plan on going to our graduation- you better come. I need my graduate certificate in order to go to University."

"I'm going to go, don't worry," he grins.

"Pinky promise?" I ask, poking my pinky out.

"I promise," he says, twisting them together.

"Good."

We continue to stare at the passing cars, but as it nears 12 pm, we head inside before his mother gets home from work.

"My brother's coming over tonight," he grimly says.

I raise my eyebrows," Why?"

"He didn't know, too," he shrugs.

I blink," Why couldn't he have come a few days ago?"

"He like.. just found out not long ago," he chuckles, shaking his head.

I bite on my bottom lip," You're literally pissing me off," I calmly say.

"Why?" he chuckles.

"You're kind of expecting people to be alright with you leaving," my heart breaking with my words.

He shakes his head," It's not that. I just don't want people to be maddened with me telling them. If they just get struck with the news.. they won't be sad for a long time."

I shake my head in dissappointment," You're logic is trash," I say bluntly.

"Well, either way. I'm going to die," he shrugs.

I gasp," Why would you say that?" I whisper, crying into my hands.

I suddenly feel him wrap his arms around my body," Bree."

I push him away from me softly, scared I might hurt him," Don't move yourself around. You might hurt yourself," I softly say, trying to keep my anger at bay.

"I'd rather be hurt myself, than you being sad," he says, pouting.

I wipe a fallen tear from my red cheek," You infuriate me."

"Indeed?" he asks, grinning cheekily.

"Yes, and I'm.. I'm scared," I admit.

"Of?" he blinks.

My shoulders start to shake as I start to cry again," You know why, Luis! You already know why," I cry.

I'm pulled into his arms again," Shut up," he shushes me, rocking us as best as he can- due to him being in a wheel-chair.

"You, shut up."

I feel his chest rumble as he chuckles," I love you."

I freeze in his semi-awkward-embrace.

I love you.

The three words I've been dreaming to hear.

"Huh?" I ask dumbly.

He pulls me away by my shoulders," I love you. So much," he smiles, pecking my lips.

I look at him with so much intensity," I.. love you too," I admit, pulling him into a hug.

  ♡
Random Fact: I start my new school soon

A/N: Greetings my Lovelings! It has been an incredible amount of time since I'd updated. Please forgive me, I literally have been so caught up with all the moving adjustments. I may not be able to update every week- due to school and that-but I'll make sure to update when ever I have the time. I love and appreciate you all!

Q: What year are you in? I'm in the 10th grade

Goal: 10 views & 3 votes
Word Count: 838 words