23 | hospital

Hospital
________
S O N G :
Let me in by H.E.R
________
K A T A R I N A

"Are you going to go?" I ask, pretending to turn a wheel.

"Get inside. It's dark."

"Ohhh, okay," I bid him goodbye and walk inside. As soon I was in, Asher pulls the coat off my shoulders," Get that off!" he says, and throws Luis' coat on the floor as if it was contagious.

"Leave me alone!" I grab the coat off the ground and walk up stairs.

"Katarina, you're mum had a miscarriage."

I turn around in shock," No," I breathe out, not believing what he said.

"Yes! Now could you please stop being so stubborn, so we could leave?"

"Where's Kyle?" I quickly dash past him to his car," Why didn't you at least tell me?!" I scream, getting into the car.

"He's at the hospital and well, I tried, but you were too busy being a wh*re with Luis!" he shouts, but suddenly a look of regret flashes over his face.

I gasp out loud in shock,"Don't ever talk to me again!" I scream at his face. Call me dramatic all you want. I can't believe he had the audacity to say such thing!

"Rena, I didn't mean to-"

"Please. Just shut up," I cut him off.

"I'm sorry. I really am. I just let my anger get the best of me," he continues to apologise, until I cut him off.

"Just take me to my mum," I calmly order him, leaning back against the seat, looking at the scenary around me.

I hear him sigh in fustration," Dammit!" he then hits the steering wheel, but I ignore him as I feel tears roll down my cheeks.

The rest of the ride is filled with my sniffing and Asher's angry sighs. He's speeding really fast, but I could care less. I need to see my mum right now.

We suddenly are in the parking lot of Shalom Darius Hospital.

I get out of the car, as soon as he parks.

"Rena, wait up!" I hear him call, but I obviously ignore him and run to the entrance.

"Hey, can I please have the room where Nia Styles is? I'm her daughter," I quickly explain.

"Actually, could you sign in first, and then you can head to- Room P2, Floor 6," she sends me a smile, then turns back to whatever she was doing.

I quickly sign in and run to the elevator, pressing 6.

"Rena, wait! Hold the doors," I look forward to see Asher running to the elevator, but instead of holding it, I give him a big sarcastic smile.

"I can't. Too far," I pout, holding my hand out lazily.

"It's going to cl-," before he could continue, the elevator doors close.

"Close. Yeah, I know," I giggle to myself.

I start searching for room P2, as soon as the elevator comes to a stop.