09 | koala-fications

I wake up by the sound of shouting and a loud shatter

I wake up by the sound of shouting and a loud shatter. I get up in a hurry and rush downstairs to see my mum in tears and my dad starring daggers at her, a glass cup cracked beside her body.

"Mum! Dad! What's happening?" I ask them in confusion.

"Katarina, get in to your room," but before I could reply, he glares at me," NOW!"

I look at my mum one last time before going back upstairs to my bedroom. I leave my door open so I could still hear everything, because obviously I hope nothing will lead to violence.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!" I hear my dad shout.

I hear my mum sob loudly," I don't k-," she gets cut off, by a scoff.

"Do you really think I'm going to believe that? All this Bullsh*t coming out your mouth means nothing."

I hear my mum's sobs, but a few seconds later I hear the door slam.

Well my morning escalated from 0-100 real quick. I open my door more wider and start walking downstairs.
"Mum?"

I see that she's in the very same spot she was before.

"Yes?" She quietly replies, her sobs loud.

I speed-walk to her and crouch down in front of her body to hug her shaking body.

"Why was dad angry?" I ask, hoping she'd open her mouth.

She shakes her head slowly," It was nothing," she assures me.

Although it's obviously nothing, I head back up stairs to my room.

"Hey, Rena," I hear Asher say. I turn around to see him smiling.

"Hi, and why're you smiling?" I ask with a smile of my own.

"Just Happy," he says with a shrug.

"Oh, okay," I say suspiciously.

"Why? Am I not allowed to be happy?" his eyebrows raised, a grin plastered on his lips.

"Of course you can, but you hardly smile in front of people." I'm still confused. I want to know what's made him happy.

"Mei said 'yes' to go on a date with me," he says, his eyes creased.

My smile doesn't falter, instead it brightens.

"Congradulations! When's the date?" I ask.

I honestly don't know who the heck Mei is, but if Ash is happy, then heck- I'm happy.