33 | captain obvious

Captain Obvious
________
S O N G :
Talk 2 u by Brent Faiyaz
________
K A T A R I N A

History
9:10AM
Friday Morning

"Katarina, what is the answer?" Mrs. White asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Umm," I say, coughing into my fist.

She narrows her eyes, folding her arms.

"You already know. So, why do I have to say it again?" I ask, trying to act smart.

"Katarina. What. Is. The. Answer?" she asks, raising her voice.

"Mrs. White. If you don't know the answer, why are still trying to teach us?" Luis butts in.

"Yeah," I add in.

"Both of you! Out!" she screams, pointing to the open classroom door.

"B*TCH!" I hear Asher shout, smiling innocently.

"You, too! Out!"

"Okay," he says, casually walking out of the door, leaving Luis and I shocked.

"I can't believe you, Katarina!" Mrs. White shrieks.

"What? Me?" I ask, exasperated.

"Yes, you! You were one of my best students."

"Really?" I ask confused," I thought you hated me," I laugh.

"Never have or will hate anybody, Katarina," she deadpans.

"Alright, so you the meanest teacher does not hate anybody?" Luis asks, squinting his eyes.

I nudge his shoulder," What are you talking about? She's like the nicest teacher in this school," I sarcastically say, although Mrs. White doesn't know that.

"Yeah, yeah. You're right," Luis nods his head, his lips pursued.

"Alright. The both of you out. Right. Now."

We walk out without further argument, because we just wanted to annoy her, and we succeeded.

"Rena!" I hear someone call out.

I look around, but see no one in sight.

"I'm right behind you, Idiot," I turn around hastily, and find a stoic looking Asher.

"Oh, hey," I wave.

His eyes glimmer with hurt," Why are you acting like this?"

My eyebrows crease together," What do you mean 'acting like this'?" I ask, obviously offended.

"We used to be best friends, but know you're always with your little boyfriend. Not once have I ever abandoned you for a girl," he argues, angrily.

My eyes widen in shock," Hypocrite. Yeah, that's what you are. A down-right, unbelievably selfish Hypocrite that thinks only of himself. I finally found the guy that I love, and here you are glaring at me as if I am doing something completely wrong!" I glare.

His eyes droop sadly," Love?" he asks, looking down at me with so much intensity.

"Damn. Yeah, Love?" I hear Luis mutter.

I silently gasp. I wasn't suppose to say that- not that I don't mean it. I truly do love him indeed, but I didn't want to tell him like this.

"Uhh.. whaaat?" I ask, my voice going higher than normal.

"You love him," Asher sighs.

"You love me," Luis happily grin.

I slowly nod my head," Yea-Heck yeah, I do!" I laugh, when he envelops me into a bear hug.