14 | detention

Detention
__________
S O N G :
Million by Tink
__________
K A T A R I N A

"Nope," he says. I feel, like he doesn't really want to talk right now, but I quickly ignore his attitude again.

Before Asher could try and continue to persuade Mr. Randell, Mrs. Snowden cuts him off.

"DETENTION! THE BOTH OF YOU!" She shouts angrily.

Ash and I give Mr. Randell the stink eye, but he just smirks in triumph.

"FOLLOW ME!" Mrs. Snowden shouts at me

"Yeah, we're coming. Just go ahead, we're right behind you," Asher says, lazily rolling his eyes. For a few seconds I believed Ash was actually scared of her, but I guess not.

Mrs. Snowden looks at Asher with a glare, then starts heading out of the classroom.

When she's out of sight, we both quickly turn to look at Mr. Randell- you know what? I'm calling him 'Phil' now- , sorry I mean Phil, and glare at him. If looks could kill, he'd be laying down, slowly dying.

"Why didn't you stand up for us, Phil?" Asher says, receiving a glare from Phil.

He rolls his eyes," First of all; we're not friends, second of all; I'm not a liar, and third of all; We're not friends. At all," his voice flat.

"But, you were cool on the first day back.. phil," I whisper the last word to myself, scared I might get double detention.

"Well, I was in a good mood," he points out.

"Well, why couldn't you be in a good mood today?" I ask, my eyebrows raised.

"Katarina, I don't have time for your questions. Please leave, I'm trying to teach my class," he says, referring to the quiet class. They're all looking at Asher and me, as if we grew a few more eyes.

"Oh. I forgot about you guys. Bye," I wave, grabbing Asher's hand and walking out of the classroom, making sure to close the door.

Asher looks around suspiciously.

"What are you trying to look for?" I ask him.

"Rebbeca," he simply says, before pulling my hand and speed-walking to the school entrace, but I quickly put all weight back, making him stop and turn around to look at me annoyed.

"Who's Rebecca?" I ask, my eyebrows creased. I don't know this Rebbeca, and I don't want to know this Rebbeca.

He gives me a flat look," Mrs. Snowden," he replies, before continuing to drag me to the entrance, but I stop him once more.

My lips form an 'O' shape, "Well.. then where are we going?" I ask, once again.

"I'll answer all of your questions, if you shut up!" he mutters angrily.

"Okay, then," I put my hands up in mock surrender.

We start tip-toeing to the school entrance, but we're soon interrupted by the voice of Mr. Monzé, a substitute teacher. He has very obvious monobrow, so Ash and I call him 'Mr. Monzé-brow'.