22 | date night

Date Night
________
S O N G :
Fallin' by Jessica Mauboy
________
K A T A R I N A

SATURDAY MORNING
11:40 AM
HOME SWEET HOME

"Take the rubbish out, Ree," my mum tells me.

"Okay," I mutter, grabbing the garbage bag.

I open the front door, to empty the bin, but I'm suddenly interrupted by an angry voice.

"You're an idiot!" I'm suddenly hit on the head, by a large bag.

"Keira!" I shout, rubbing the side of my face.

"Don't 'Keira' me! You just decide to tell me that you have a date- 2 freaking days later?!"

"I'm sorry.." I drag out.

"No, you're not. You wouldn't even be in this type of situation, if you just texted me," she says, begrudgingly walking past me. As she walks past me, I notice that the bag she hit with, was a McDonald's bag.

"Wait! I need to throw this in the bin," I shout, exasperated.

I quickly throw the full garbage bag into the bin, then rush inside the house.

".. needs a good slap to the face," I hear Keira complain, obviously talking about me.

"Stop backstabbing me, backstabbers," I laugh, when I see my mum and Keira sitting across from each other.

"And here comes my beautiful Princessa," My mum sarcastically says.

I ignore her statement," Where's Kyle?" I ask, my mum.

"He's still sleeping. He stayed up all night," my mum says, biting down on her lip.

"What? Why?" I ask, getting kind of ticked off.

"Why don't you ask him yourself? You haven't spoke to him, ever since you and 'Stupid Linda' started hanging out. Also, tell him there's food."

"Alright," I laugh, heading up the stairs.

I quietly walk inside his room and notice him snoring loudly- exactly like Asher.

"Kyle?" I whisper, shaking his shoulder a little.

"Whattt?" he whines, turning the other side.

"Wake up, Kyle. It's your best friend, Rena," I whisper.

He slowly turns around with a small glare," What do you want?" he says trying to sound mean, but he sounds a lot more adorable.

"Why did you stay up late, when you know your bedtime is at 8:30?" I ask, using my older sibling tone.

His eyes widen at my words," I-I didn't go to sleep late," he stutters, nervously scratching his head.

"Auntie Nia told me," I laugh, but quickly stop in case he thinks this is funny.

"She's a dibby-dobber," he mutters, glaring down at his blanket.

"I know. Been there, and I've honestly done that," I chuckle. My mum always told my dad that I was being bad or disrespectful, but then I'd suddenly add my brother, Michael into the picture. He'd get in trouble with me, because he was an amazing big brother.

"Anyways. Why?"

"Because, I was crying," he admits, playing with bed sheet.

"Aww. Why?" I suddenly pull him into my chest.

"Becwause Linda is taking you away fwom me," he sniffs, hugging me slightly.

"Linda? Don't you mean Luis?" I ask, pulling away from me.