37 | cancer

Cancer
________
S O N G :
How will I know by Sam Smith (Cover)
________
K A T A R I N A

"Asher," I whimper, through the phone.

"Rena! What's wrong?" he asks, sounding worried.

"L-luis," I stutter, my breathing unsteady all of a sudden.

"What did he do?!" he asks angrily.

"He might leave me," I whine.

I hear him sigh," I told you, I didn't trust him."

I shake my head, although he can't see me," He might die," I whimper. It's a lot more harder to say.

It takes a while for him to reply, probably not expecting that.

"Where are you?" he asks, sounding really exhausted.

I tell him the location, and end it shortly.

The whole time I was crying, not caring if someone was watching me.

Why did it have to be someone I love?

I love him, and I'm so scared to tell him.

He may not love me back!

What's the point? He's going to leave me!

Am I bad luck or something?

I hate everyone- especially Luis!

Why hadn't he told me?

Why couldn't it have been me?!

He's going to leave me and before you know it- I'll die alo-

"Rena, I'm here now," I suddenly am in the arms of my bestfriend, Asher.

"Why?" I whimper, my head leaning against his chest.

"Shh, it's okay," he soothes me," I know everything now. Keira told me," his voice smooth.

"He has cancer!" I cry, holding onto him tightly.

"I know, and do you think he'd want you to cry over him?" he asks, holding me equally as tight.

I shake my head,"No."

"Them man-up. Luis is probably calling you a sook right now," He chuckles.

"You right. You right," I chuckle.

There's a long comfortable silence," I missed you," I quietly say, my head still leaning against his chest.

"I missed you, too," he replies.

He starts to rub my back, making my hiccups calm down a little.

"What if he actually does go?" I sniff.

He thinks for a bit," Then that happens. He'll always have your back, no matter what. I also think he'd want you to be happy and not be sad," was his answer.

Before we could say anything else, Keira comes running up to us," Guys! Sorry, but Luis is ready to be visited."

I quickly brush past Asher and run as fast as I could go.

"Darling, you can go see him," Miss Rivers smiles, walking out of a room- obviously, Luis' room." The doctor said he wasn't seriously injured. He passed out due to being scared." she gives me a heads up.

I thank her and walk inside, but I gasp seeing his appearance.

He looks really pale, and has lost an incredible amount of weight. He didn't look injured, which I was thankful for.

Instead of saying hello, I bluntly said, "You're completely bald," my eyes watering.

He nods his head," I shaved it all off. I was annoyed that it kept falling off," he grins, although I can see his eyes watering.

I nod," When were you thinking of telling me?" I ask, wiping a single tear that fell.

He laughs, a humourless one," Honestly? Never. I didn't want to leave you saddened," he admits.

My eyes widen," So you thought 'Oh, Katarina won't mind if I just leave without any reason'. Is this how you wanted me to feel?" I angrily shout, my vision blurry.

"Bree, Baby-"

"No! You can't expect me to be fine with you gone. I love you so much, and it could be tomorrow when I say 'I loved you!" I cry.

He opens his arms wide, and I hug him without a word.

"I love you so so so much, and it kills me to see you hurting," he cries.

"Please don't go," I cry, looking at his face.

He sighs," I wish I could promise you that, but I 95% chance, that I could die any day now," he pouts, licking his dry lips.

I suck in a huge breathe," Do you want water?" I ask, ignoring what he said.

He nods his head," Please."

As soon as I walk over to the water machine, my tears fall down and my lip trembles.

"Here you go," I say, passing him the cup of water.

"Thank you.. girlfriend," he adds in, drinking the water in 2 gulps.

I chuckle, although it hurts," You're welcome, boyfriend."

Random Fact: When I eat lollies, I prefer to eat the yellow ones.

A/N: Greetings my Lovelings! Another chapter? Wowzez! I hope you enjoyed it, although it was a sad one.

Q : What colour is your hair? Mine is dark brown on the top and light brown on my tips (It's natual).

Goal: 10 views & 3 votes
Word Count: 762 words

Goal: 10 views & 3 votesWord Count: 762 words