11 | the talk

"It's okay!" Asher says for the a-millionth time

"No, it's not!" I shake my head, and hug him tighter. "I'm sorry," I whisper.

His chest vibrates as he chuckles," It's okay, Rena. If it wasn't okay, I wouldn't be here hugging you."

Please everybody, take the time to find a best friend like mine. He's the best.

After a few minutes of complete silence, I decide to break it.

"I'm scared," I exclaim.

"I know you are, but you're Katarina. The girl who punched a guy in the face, because I was too scared to stand up for myself," he laughs, rubbing my shoulder.

"I remember that day like it was yesterday," I chuckle, remembering the look on Steven's face. It was priceless!

We were in year 2, and Asher was playing with this yellow toy truck, and Steven snatched it off him. Me being the superwoman I was, I punched him in the face and he cried for a solid 15 minutes.

*Sigh* The good ol' days.

"He had a black eye for a week," his laughter growing louder.

A suddenly knock on my door, brings me back to my sad reality.

"Come in," she shouts, letting go of Asher.

My mum walks in, and a smile graces her face once she notices Asher.

"Hi, Ash. When did you get here?" she asks Asher.

"Hello. I got here- like, ten minutes ago," he answers, smiling back at her.

"Well, Ree. Your father and I would like to speak to you," she says, directing her gaze back to my wide eyes.

"Okay, I'm coming," I quietly reply.

"You's wanted to speak to me?" I gulp, starring at my parents who are sitting across me, although there's an incredible amount of space between them.

Asher is upstairs in my room, because I couldn't convince him to leave, so he's in my room playing some game on my laptop.

"Yes," my dad says, clearing his throat.

"Well?" I ask.

They both share a weird look, but they turn back me.