New Years

Third Person POV

The entire glee club took a trip to New York to watch the ball drop. Every couple in the club seemed to be having the times of their lives, while the single ones sulked as they searched for someone to kiss at the last second so they wouldn't feel left out.

Finn was running around with Rachel on his back as she laughed obnoxiously loud. Sam and Mercedes weren't big on PDA, but they couldn't help but touch each other whenever they thought no one was looking. Kurt and Blaine pranced around in circles, still caught up in singing Christmas songs even though Christmas was over. Santana and Brittany were too wrapped up in each other to pay attention to anyone else. Mike was dancing with Tina, drifting her along the crowds of people swiftly, earning a few grunts from other people whenever they stepped on their shoes. Will and Emma were composed, but even a blind person could see them casting each other longing looks.

And then there were the members that were alone. Quinn was seated at a bench, huffing angrily with her arms crossed. Puck walked up to any girl he saw and attempted to charm her, but the girls would either slap him or be whisked away by their boyfriends. Artie wheeled around aimlessly, apologizing if he rolled on someone's toe.

There was less than a minute left, Puck found Quinn's eyes, and grins soon began to play on both their lips. Quinn stood as Puck approached her.

"Looks like we're both alone on New Years," Puck stated, puffing his chest as if that would convince her.

"Let's just get this over with," Quinn rolled her eyes, but she still took the hand he offered and they both looked up.

Artie wheeled over a pretty brunette's foot, immediately apologizing profusely. The girl just grinned and hopped on his lap.

"I'm Sugar!" She introduced herself, her voice proud and her hands splaying upwards.

"Uh," Artie adjusted his glasses. "Artie."

"Well, Wheels, it looks like you're alone for New Years, and I'm alone for New Years..." she trailed off, her finger playing on his chest.

Artie beamed, smiling as he wheeled them away.

"Ten!" People began to chant and the glee club members all joined in, getting ready.

Finn placed Rachel down, his hands on her hips and her arms slung over his neck. "Nine!"

Sam turned to Mercedes, who in turn shyly faced him. "Eight!"

Kurt linked his fingers with Blaine's, and Blaine nuzzled his nose with Kurt's. "Seven!"

Santana grinned up at Brittany, who returned the look, and the two lost themselves in each other's eyes. "Six!"

Remaining in their dancing position, Mike and Tina stopped their waltz to stare deeply into each other's eyes. "Five!"

Will and Emma couldn't seem to continue being composed and locked eyes, stepping closer. "Four!"

Quinn, with her hand still in Puck's, pulled him closer as she took her free hand and cupped his face. "Three!"

Sugar wrapped her arms around Artie's neck, her fingers playing in his hair. "Two!"

Each member from the New Directions had found someone so they wouldn't have to be alone on New Years. "One!"

Several people cheered as the ball dropped. The couples embraced each other, pressing kisses on their lovers' lips.

Finn wrapped his arms tightly around Rachel as their lips met, and in return Rachel pulled him as close as she could. Mercedes was the one that initiated the kiss with Sam, and he immediately returned it. Kurt pressed his thin lips on Blaine's as their lips moved smoothly together. When Santana attempted to kiss Brittany, she realized she was too short, so Brittany pulled her up and raised her feet off the ground. Mike and Tina's kiss soon became heated, much like all their previous kisses. Will and Emma pressed brief kisses, grins spreading on their faces. Quinn hesitated for less than a second, but returned the kiss Puck gave her. Sugar was kissing Artie before he could even react and pulled back almost as fast, obviously happy that she at least got a peck.

It was a great New Years indeed.

A/N

This is for New Years, which is in 4 days. I was going to just wait until then to post this, but I really wanted to get this updated. If you liked it, please please please vote and comment! Happy reading!