You're still an Ass

Alia P.O.V. 

'So, how does it feel to have come back together for another film?' Karan asked in that enthusiastic way of his. 

'It feels very strange actually.' Varun answered, looking to me as though waiting for my input.

'It is, ya, very strange.' I agreed, with a nod and a laugh. 'Actually, we didn't even know that we were doing a film together at first.' 

'Seriously?' Karan questioned incredulously, looking completely bewildered as we nodded. 'But how?' 

'See what happened was we both got the script but I was told that the male lead wasn't confirmed yet.' I begun to explain. 

'Yeah even I was told that they were still waiting for confirmation on the female lead.' Varun put in. 

'So I read the script and then, like I do with all the films I'm thinking of taking on, I showed Varun the script and he goes to me "hey! I've got this script too. I'm really thinking to take it." So I said, okay fine, you go ahead and take it, I'll say no because we'd agreed when we got married that, you know, unless it's something we both absolutely cannot refuse, we're not going to take a film together because it'll just be odd.' I explained. 'But then, I don't know, there was just something about the script that just stuck and a day went and I'd not called Shakun to tell him no and then it became two days and a week and Varun just said to me, "you really want to do this film, na?" and I couldn't say that I don't because I really did so we decided that we'd both do it.' 

'You said that it was strange. Why's that?' Karan asked, ever the perfect interviewer. 

'Because we're married, we live together, and then being on set together, working together... the dynamic with an actor on a film set is always very different from your personal dynamic with the same person outside of work, be it a friend or your wife.' Varun told him. 

'Okay, so how did that make this film weirder than the others?' he asked. 

'Because we spend all day with each other at home and then being on set together, it's very difficult to get out of those zones.' I said, trying to figure out how to explain the oddness of the situation. 'The way we are at home is not at all the way we'd behave at work. And then there's the opposite problem of the way we act on set, the way our characters are with each other, that's not how we would usually act at home. But it's always been our method of working together that we really get into character, like calling each other by character names and behaving that way with each other off set that our characters would with each other. And it's not like it's something you can switch back and forth between which I think made it weirder at home than on set really.' 

'So, speaking of things at home, given that this is the first time I've had the opportunity to have you on the show since you got married, I have to ask, what's it like?' 

'I told you na, he'd find someway to trick us into bringing ourselves here.' Varun laughed. 

'I don't know why I'm surprised.' I shook my head, chuckling a little. 

'Neither do I.' Karan stated. 'You should have been expecting it.' 

'Why do you think I said no last time you asked?' I joked. 'I thought this time we've got the film to concentrate on so there's less chance of us coming to this topic.' 

'By now Alia, I should hope you should know better than to actually believe a single word you just said.' he quipped, earning a laugh from the both of us. 'Now, back to what we were saying, what's it like, married life?' 

'It's, honestly, I don't think it's any different from before.' Varun said, looking at me and realising how wrong that statement was when he saw my raised eyebrow. 'What? It's not.'