Mistakes Made and Second Chances

Everyone knows that Varun is scarily possessive when it comes to Alia. Usually, he's not but, when it comes to his best friend, he's overly protective. His friends know it, his family know it, everyone in the industry knows it, the whole damn world knows it...

...except for Alia.

Either she doesn't realise it or she really likes seeing just how far she can push him before he snaps.

Similarly, everyone is aware that Alia is head over heels in love with Varun. You'd have to be blind not to see it, almost every action of hers tells it. The way she looks at him, the smile that's almost permanent when they're in the same room, the way she talks about him and the way she is utterly miserable without him. There isn't a single person who knows Alia that can't see she's in love...

...except, of course, Varun.

No girl flirts with Varun in any way that isn't a joke. They acknowledge that he's good looking, they're aware of his many good qualities, but they also know that his heart has already been given to someone, even if he refuses to admit it.

No guy is willing to try his luck with Alia, despite the fact that she's definitely beautiful, because they don't want to risk incurring Varun's wrath.

Still, there's no harm in having a little fun. After all, everybody apart from the two themselves know that when Alia flirts it's just for laughs and Varun's sole reason for flirting is to make Alia jealous.

Which is why, when Alia starts openly "flirting" with Sid in front of his girlfriend after the Dream Team concert in New York, Varun is the only one who's shocked that Pari says nothing, just stands with them, smiling at Alia's suddenly playful behaviour.

To seven out of the eight people that were stood there, it's perfectly normal behaviour; the eighth is more than a little shocked. He's even more surprised that everyone else is more or less ignoring it.

After about ten minutes of Varun staring at Pari, Sid and Alia - mainly Alia - Adi notices. He barely manages to stop himself from bursting into laughter as he watches Varun watch Alia, jealousy becoming more clear with each passing second.

As much as he is amused by Varun's behaviour, Adi decides to be a good friend. However, instead of going and setting the poor boy straight himself, he texts Pari and lets her know because he doesn't think Varun will believe him.

Adi stops observing Varun and watches Pari frown at her phone in confusion for a second before laughing. She quickly types something and Adi's phone buzzes.

Pari: this boy is cuckin frazy if he thinks Alia is actually trying it with Sid. I'm going to sort him out.

Adi agrees with her, chuckling slightly as Pari excuses herself from the conversation with Sid and Alia and makes her way over to Varun. He stops paying attention after that, tuning back into the conversation he had been having with Karan and Katrina, only to find both of them looking at him curiously. 'Kya?' he asks, wondering if he's done something wrong.

'Why were you staring at Varun?' Katrina asks.

'I wasn't staring at him.' Adi protests.

'You were. And now you're protesting which makes me think that something is going on.' Karan jokes. 'Has Shraddha got some competition?'

'It's nothing like what you're thinking.' he tells them, not bothering to deny the implication of a relationship between him and Shraddha. 'I was just trying to see how long it would take for Varun to explode from excess of jealousy.' His words confuse Katrina more but Karan laughs.

'I've been waiting for him to reach his limit for almost six years. It's not going to happen.' Karan says.

'He can't keep it in forever; one day soon, he's going to end up admitting it. I just hope Alia is there to hear when he does.' Adi replies. 'Anyway, we were talking about songs weren't we?' The conversation transitions back to the previous topic for a while.