Victory

Alia P.O.V.

If you ever get a mysterious letter with no return address, you'll probably be advised not to open it.

Don't listen.

It could just turn out to be the most important piece of post you ever receive.

Everyone told me not to open the letter. Said it could be dangerous. I didn't know who sent it, it could be something like poison.

Please, like I don't know Varun's handwriting.

Whatever was in the envelope had been sent by Varun. It was his writing.

So I opened it.

Boy am I glad I opened it.

I read the letter over twice. Once I finished it the second time, I decided it was time to pay Sid a visit.

The journey took twenty minutes longer than usual, mainly because I was angry and accidentally took a couple wrong turns.

I got to his house and rang the bell. It took him less than a minute to answer.

'Alia, hey. I wasn't expecting you. What's up?' He asked as if he hadn't done anything wrong.

'How can you just stand there as if everything is perfect in the world?' I asked.

'Uh, I know there are issues in the world like poverty and global warming and stuff but I chose not to worry about things that I can't change.'

'I am not talking about global problems, Siddarth. I am talking about the fact that you back stabbed someone who you call your friend. Someone who trusted you enough to confide in you when he didn't confide in anyone else!' I snapped.

'Why don't we talk about this inside?' He asked, stepping aside and letting me in. He closed the door behind me and turned to face me. 'Do you want to tell me exactly what you're so fired up about?'

'You are a complete ass! That's what I'm fired up about. What kind of friend are you? Your friend, one of your best friends, tells you he's in love with someone and what do you do? You decide to go after the girl he's in love with!' Realisation dawned on his face.

'Varun told you then?'

'He wrote a letter.'

'Did he tell you that he also knows that you two were never going to be in a relationship and that he said to me that he just wants you to be happy? Did he tell you any of that?'

'Yes he did. That does not change the fact that what you did wasn't right! You knew that he would start avoiding me! And somehow anytime I said I wanted to go meet up with Varun, there was something else that we apparently both needed to do. You took me away from my best friend. How could you think I would be happy?'

'So you're only going to blame me? He didn't have the guts to tell you he's in love with you! And when he finally does it's via letter! Does he not get any of the blame?' Sid yelled.

'He actually wants me to be happy. He's willing to walk out of my life if that makes me happy, even if that means sacrificing his own happiness! Tell me you would do the same!' I shouted back at him.

'No, I wouldn't!'

'He told me he doesn't want me to chose between the two of you. Thank you for not giving me that option.' I said, quite calmly.

'What do you mean?'

'I mean... I mean we are done, Sid. I thought we had something good, but if you can do something like this, I don't want to be with you. I can't be with you. I'm sorry, but it's over.' I didn't give him a chance to respond before I walked out.

I went straight to Varun's. I knocked on the door and got no answer. His car was there so I knew he was home. I knocked again.

Still no answer.

I was about to knock a third time when the door opened.

'Alia, what are you-' I slapped him before he could finish asking. 'Ow! What the hell?' He asked, hand flying to his face.

'That was for sending me a fucking letter telling me that you would walk out of my life if I wanted you to and I would never have to see you again.' I told him, glaring. He looked like he was going to argue or defend his actions, but I didn't want him to so I didn't let him.

I put a hand on top of his that was still holding his cheek and leaned up slightly to kiss him.

He looked slightly flustered when I pulled away.

'And that was for being the sweetest, most caring, most absolutely amazing guy I have ever met.' I told him, smiling.

'What?'

'You would leave me, just walk away and never look back even if it hurt, just because you want me to be happy?' He nodded. 'Why?'

'Because I love you.' He said like it was the most simple thing in the world.

'But would you be happy?'

'That doesn't matter. If you're happy, I'll live.' He shrugged.

'If you aren't happy, I don't think I can be happy. Actually, I don't think I can be happy without you. Not having you in my life is torture.' I admitted.

'I know the feeling. It's been hell without you around.'

'I don't think I want to keep going through this torture, Varun.' I said quietly.

'What do you want me to do?'

'I think you can start by telling me if you meant it. Are you actually in love with me?'

'Completely.'

'Then I think it's about time I admit that I'm in love with you.' He smiled so brightly.

'Does that mean we can give us a go?' He asked.

'Definitely.'

A/N: I decide to split it up because I really liked the letter just by itself.

Hope you liked it.

See you soon.