Life changing things.

This is another one with Anjali. I don't know why, but I really feel like writing her today.

Alia P.O.V.

I checked the bottles in the medicine cabinet, seeing which medicines we needed more of. Paracetamol and ibuprofen were needed, as usual and I needed to get more vitamins. I made a note of it on my list and moved on to the second shelf.

This shelf was prescription medications, mostly Anjali's. Only four years old and already on half a dozen medications. Neither us nor the doctors wanted her to be taking so many medicines but we decided, with her immune system being so weak, it's better to be on preventative medications now than be on meds for some disease in a few years. Anjali didn't exactly like the meds but she takes them without a fuss. She understands that taking the medication means less time in the hospital and more time to play outside.

I lifted a bottle of one of the medicines and it felt lighter than I thought it should have. I was sure it didn't need a refill yet.

'Varun, what's the date?' I called in the direction of the sitting room.

'Babe, I'm right behind you, no need to shout.' He chuckled. I turned and got off of the step stool, bottle still in hand.

'Is Anjali asleep?' I asked. I placed the bottle on the worktop before turning to Varun. His hands came to rest on my waist, an automatic reflex of his when we were this close, and I happily relaxed into his touch.

'Yeah. She was knackered. I don't know where she gets so much strength. If I just spent a week in hospital, I would've crashed the second I was out of there.' Even with the medicine, Anjali still ended up in hospital. It was her first overnight stay in almost six months though, so an improvement.

'I know. She's stronger than both of us put together.' I told him.

'I don't know about that. You're definitely very strong, Mrs. Dhawan.' I grinned and blushed a little, still getting used to being called that. For the first three years of our marriage, Varun had still said Bhatt more often than Dhawan, for both me and Anjali. I suppose it wasn't really a normal marriage so it does make sense. Now we had finally gotten over the whole last name issue and it felt very nice to be called Alia Dhawan by everyone.

'You're not exactly a weakling yourself.' I told him.

'Okay, we aren't going to turn this into a who's stronger competition. Why did you ask for the date?'

'One of Anju's medicines needs refilling but I don't think it should yet. Did some spill or something?'

'I haven't spilt any. Maybe we've just been too busy to notice it needed filling.'

'It's the 3rd of February right?' I asked. I tend to lose track of days when Anjali is in the hospital, they all blur together.

'Alia, you're a week out. It's the 10th.' Varun had stopped being concerned when I mixed up the date a long time ago. He knew I couldn't keep track of everything.

'The 10th? It does need filling then. I'll go drop the slip for a repeat prescription when I go shopping.' I turned to add it to my to do list when something else clicked in my brain. I froze with my pen hanging above the paper.

'Alu, you alright?' Varun asked.

'You said the 10th?'

'Yeah.'

'As in, February 10th?'

'Yes, Alia. 10th February, 2019.' He spoke calmly, knowing I was freaking out about something. 'What's wrong?'