#SurpriseVisit

Varun P.O.V.

'Varun, phone.' Alia groaned, turning and burying her head in my shoulder, pulling the blanket up to cover her head.

'Scoot.' I mumbled, trying to gently push her over.

'M comfy.' she grumbled.

'Can't get the phone unless you scoot.' I told her, rolling her over softly. She groaned slightly, muttering something that sounded vaguely like sleep disturber. Chuckling, I picked up the phone and lay back down, pulling Alia back to her comfy position as I did, earning a sleepy smile and a lazy hug.

'Bro, you there?' came the voice of my friend George, who was on the other end of the line.

'Yeah, I'm here. Sorry, little slow, just woke up.'

'Oh, so you actually got some sleep last night?' he asked, teasing lilt in his voice.

'Why wouldn't I have got sleep?'

'You tell me.' he said.

'Dude, seriously, it's too early for these games.'

'Funny you should talk about games; what happened to Mr. Doesn't Cheat?' he queried, confusing the crap out of me.

'What?'

'Well, you've been going on about your girlfriend most of the past two weeks but you left with someone last night.' Said someone began to giggle, having heard what had just been said. 'And sounds like you're still with her now.'

'Would you stop laughing?' I mumbled, trying to glare at her but failing when she gave me her puppy face.

'Uh, mate, you talking to me? Cause I'm not laughing.' George said, sounding much like he was doubting my mental health.

'I know you're not but my girlfriend is finding it highly amusing that you think I'm cheating on her... with her.' I explained, the words causing Alia to laugh harder.

'Wait, that's your girlfriend?' George questioned.

'Why do you sound so shocked?'

'Well, I mean, she's hot mate.' he deadpanned.

'Yeah, I'm aware of that.'

'No offense man but how did you manage that one?' Alia picked her head up from my shoulder and looked at me, her face a mixture of amusement and annoyance.

'Simple, I asked her out, she said yes. Now, I'm sure you didn't call me at eleven on a Saturday to question me about my personal life.' I said, diverting the conversation from the topic of my relationship.

'Oh, yeah. We're thinking of going out this afternoon. Catch a movie, grab some food. You down for it?' he asked. I looked to Alia, receiving a shrug in answer to my unasked question.

'I dunno. What time you thinking?'

'Probably about three.' he told me. Again, I looked to Alia.

'Mane su kam jos? Tane jawuhoi toh ja.' (Why are you looking at me? If you want to go, then go.) she mumbled. I rolled my eyes and turned back to the conversation with George.

'Mate, is it cool if I bring my girlfriend?' I asked, ignoring the slap on my arm I received from her and the frantic shaking of her head.

'Well, Sarah, Ashley, Rose and Lucy are coming so I don't see why not. Besides, we'll finally get to meet this mysterious girlfriend of yours; god knows you've managed to evade it long enough.' he joked.

'Alright then, where we meeting?'

'In town, by clock tower at quarter till.'

'Cool I'll see you then.' I hung up the phone and leaned over Alia to put it on the nightstand.