Dil Toh Pagal Hai

Alia P.O.V.

Sometimes, all it takes is one touch, one smile or even just one look from the right person to make your day a million times brighter. No matter how crappy you're feeling, you instantly start feeling happy. Even if you've had a week from hell and you're exhausted, and feel like curling up under a blanket or hiding in a cave for the next year, being around that one person can make everything better, they make all your worries disappear.

You might not believe me but I speak from experience, a recent experience actually.

It's probably not news to anyone that I've not been having the greatest time as of late, it seems that everything that could possibly go wrong did. Everyone knows about the whole mess that happened with Udta Punjab but that's only the beginning. Somehow, even though I was now only filming for one movie, my schedule was more packed than it had been in ages. On top of that I'm moving and things are going spectacularly wrong there as well. A box of photo frames was dropped so I now have shattered glass all over my room, boxes have gone missing or been put in the wrong places, the TV wasn't put properly so that fell as well and I'm lucky I got out of the way in time otherwise it would've fallen on my foot, and, as if that wasn't bad enough, we have cats running about, playing in the boxes, making a mess and tripping us up constantly. To make matters worse I'm still having to deal with so many stupid rumours and I got in a fight with two of my friends because I made the mistake of saying something against their favourite film even though, two weeks before the conversation, they hadn't even seen the movie.

I'd had a pretty hectic couple of months and I really wasn't looking forward to the next few either. Between the US tour, filming and promotions I was pretty sure I'd be completely burnt out by the end of the year. You can imagine I wasn't exactly looking forward to meeting to discuss the next schedule of Badrinath ki Dulhunia. It's not that I'm not excited about the film because I am beyond happy that I'm getting the chance to work with this team again, it's just that I don't even want to think about how packed my schedule already is, let alone add more things to it.

I was stressed and tired and I really didn't want to go for the meeting but I dragged myself there anyway. The stress didn't go down once I was there. As always, Varun was late and that meant waiting around for him to show up which just made me more antsy. When he finally showed up, almost running into the room and apologising repeatedly, I surprisingly did not feel the urge to scold him for being late. It was the weirdest sensation in the world; one look at Varun and I felt myself relax, tension leaving me as I watched him explain his tardiness to Shashank, smiling for no apparent reason.

Eventually, they realised that I hadn't said a word about Varun's lateness when I was usually the first to comment about his lack of time keeping skills. 'Alia, are you feeling okay?' Shashank asked, startling me slightly. I'm not sure if it was at all related to the conversation they had been having because I hadn't entirely been paying attention to it.

'Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?' I queried

'Because this is the point where you'd usually start complaining that I always keep everyone waiting.' Varun answered, looking at me like I was behaving more weirdly than usual.

'Maybe I can't be bothered with it today.' I said with a shrug. They both stated at me like I'd grown an extra head or something. 'What?'

'You're turning down an opportunity to argue with Varun. You love telling him off.' Shashank pointed out.

'Yeah, but I'm not in the mood today. I don't have the energy for an argument.'

'I'm not sure if I should be offended right now.' Varun told me, looking kinda confused. 'You're always up for an argument with me. I thought you found them fun.' He legitimately sounded upset and I almost laughed at the sad expression on his face.