Big Sister.

Alia P.O.V.

Anjali's sixth birthday was something that we had been planning for almost six months. Varun had managed to keep his schedule clear, my siblings had made sure they were free, Varun's parents and his brother had taken time as well. It wasn't going to be a huge event but it was the first time in ages that our entire family was going to be in one place.

It's also the first time she is having a party for her birthday. It's just a family party, but she's still so excited. We'd gone all out, hired a hall and decorated according to Anjali's current favourite theme, or rather themes, a bizarre mix of Pokémon and Disney. She had wanted to somehow include Bollywood but that just wasn't possible aside from the music. We had even got costumes.

Anjali had decided to be Roo, which basically entailed wearing brown trousers and a brown long sleeve shirt under a blue t-shirt.

Varun had decided to be Aladdin so I was Jasmine.

Varun had gotten ready first and he went to get Anjali ready while I was getting ready. Except I was still sat on the bed, staring at the letter.

Pregnancy test: positive

'Alia! Jaldi kar! Ketla vaar lagse tune? Kapra perwa gay kar manawa gay?'(hurry up! How long will it take you? Did you go to wear clothes or make them?) Varun called up the stairs. I quickly put the paper in the draw deciding to tell him later.

'Awuchu. Beh minute kobar.'(I'm coming. Wait two minutes.) I called back. I got ready as quickly as I could and went downstairs.

'About time. We're supposed to leave in five minutes.' Varun said.

'Like you never take long to get ready. Where's our little Roo?' Anjali came bouncing into the room.

'I'm here, mummy. You look very pretty.' She said.

'Thank you. Are you excited?'

'Yeah! I like parties. There's lots of music. I helped Papa pick the music.' She told me, speaking with the enthusiasm that only existed in young children.

'You did?' She nodded. 'How about we get in the car and you can tell me which songs you picked?'

'Okay! Let's go!' She raced ahead of us to the door, waiting at it a bit impatiently.

Varun P.O.V.

We got to the hall just after my parents did. They were the only other people there, so we weren't late. Anjali went straight to my dad, running to him and allowing him to pick her up. Very few people were allowed to still pick Anjali up unless she was tired or sick.

We went inside and Anjali began pointing out things to my parents. They played along to amuse her, asking all the right questions and giving all the right reactions. Me and Alia watched her from our spot by the doors to the hall. We kept watching as the rest of our family, and a few friends, came in.

'Do you still want another one?' Alia asked me randomly after a minute, not looking away from Anjali.

'What?' I asked, not sure what she was talking about.

'Do you still want another kid?' She asked, her gaze turning to me. Neither of us had brought up this topic in almost two years, not since we were basically told that it was an impossibility.

'Alia it can't happen, that's fine.'

'I don't want this vague answer. Do you want another kid? Yes or no.' I didn't know why she was bringing this up now.

'Yes, I do.' I had expected her to maybe be a little upset or start saying something about how we could try something. She didn't.

'What if I told you that it's possible?' She was smiling at me but I didn't know why.