Anjali and Kavya

Varun P.O.V.

It was the day before my 35th birthday. This year I wasn't filming and Anjali was perfectly healthy but we still didn't have anything planned because Alia is about eight and a half months pregnant and really doesn't want to leave the house. So the plan is to spend the day at home watching movies and binging on junk food. The plan for today is to spend some time teaching Anjali the dance to Saturday Saturday like I do every Saturday.

Saturday is the one day a week I dedicate completely to my daughter. I spend the entire day with her, playing games or teaching her a dance or reading to her, whatever she wants to do. If I'm not on set, Saturday is spent with my little angel, even Alia doesn't ask me to do anything for her. I wouldn't say no if she did, but she never has. Saturday is for Anjali and only Anjali, even after the baby is born, that won't change.

I was woken up this morning by my six year old literally jumping on me. 'Oof, Anju, you have to stop doing that.' I told her, lifting her off of my stomach.

'Sorry, papa, but it's fun to wake you up like that.' She apologised, giving me a toothy grin.

'Alia, your daughter hates me.' I complained to my wife, who I knew was only pretending to be sleeping.

'She's your daughter on Saturdays.' she replied.

'But she just crushed my rib cage.' I whined. Alia sat up, laughing as she picked up the still grinning little girl.

'Anjali, you know better. No being mean to papa, especially not first thing in the morning.' Alia reprimanded. Anjali looked down, a sad expression on her face. I was tempted to tell her that Alia didn't mean it but then Alia continued. 'And especially not when I can't join in.' Anjali grinned and I stared at the both of them, highly affronted. Alia started laughing at the look on my face and Anjali joined in, their laughter filling the room.

'I see how it is, you both find my pain funny.' I fake pouted.

'Aww, you know that's not true, jaan. You know we both love you very much.' Alia assured.

'Mummy, you mean we all three love papa.' Anjali corrected, including the baby.

'You're right, Anju, we all three love you.' Alia agreed.

'And I love all three of you.' I said. 'Don't tell anyone but you're my favourite.' I stage whispered to Anjali. She giggled.

'I heard that.' Alia told me. I looked at Anjali, giving her an uh-oh look and then looked up at Alia.

'Heard what, love?' she just rolled her eyes.

'It's okay, I know Anjali is your favourite anyway. She's my favourite too.' Anjali grinned up at us both before seemingly remembering that she had had a purpose when she came in here.

'Papa you need to get up. It's Saturday Saturday.' She told me, bouncing on the bed.

'Okay, I'm getting up. Go brush your teeth and then we can eat breakfast and then we can dance.' She was off like a shot and I dragged myself out of bed.

'How are you going to manage when we have two kids? You barely have the energy to keep up with one.' Alia told me.

'I'll be fine. Right now, I'm just tired because I barely slept while I was filming. I just need tea and I'll be wide awake.'

'If you say so.'

'I do say so.' I replied childishly.

Alia P.O.V.

I had had the day to myself, as I did every Saturday, and had spent it watching old movies. I had barely moved from bed all day, feeling exhausted and just too lazy to move. Now it was almost ten at night and I was feeling restless so I decided to get up and walk around a bit.