Drink Number

So I watched the movie How To Be Single a couple of weeks ago and this has been forming ever since. It does not start of as Varia. Do not worry it is Varia.

Alia P.O.V.

I'm not sure why I agreed to watch the movie in the first place, I honestly don't have a clue. But we were both bored and it was the only DVD Sid had. Why he had How To Be Single, I'm not sure but he did and I had no DVDs and Netflix had nothing of interest. So I agreed to watch it.

It was a good movie, but the idea of a drink number kind of bugged me. Basically a drink number is the number of drinks in any guy-girl friendship after which you end up sleeping together. Either it's complete and utter crap or all of my guy friends have really high drink capacity.

The idea just bugs me.

But apparently it does not bug my idiot friend. He turned to me once the movie was over.

'What do you reckon our drink number would be?' He asked. Typical boy.

'I don't know and I really don't even think it's true.' I told him.

'It can't hurt to figure it out. How many drinks does it take you to feel drunk?'

'We are not having this conversation.'

'You'd have this conversation with Varun.' That took less time than I had expected. He always found a way to drag Varun into the conversation.

'I wouldn't because he wouldn't ask because he'd think it's ridiculous. A girl and a guy can be friends without ending up in bed.' I said, exasperated.

'He would so ask. You may think he's Mr. Perfect, but he's just like every other guy in the world. And if you're going to try and tell me that you actually think he's never thought about you like that, you're very mistaken.' I felt like slapping him.

'For one, I know Varun would never ask a question like that. Second, I do not think he's Mr. Perfect, I know he has faults. Third, yes, he is a guy but he does not have the exact same perverted brain that you evidently do.' I defended both myself and Varun. I don't know why I was bothering, it's not like he would find out and we rarely found the time to speak to each other, but some part of me will always want to defend him and protect him in a way.

'You just have to stick up for him, don't you? Can't hear a word against him.'

'He's one of my best friends! Of course I'm going to defend him.'

'I'm supposed to be one of your best friends but you wouldn't defended me nearly that much.' I was slightly shocked by how true those words were. 'You aren't denying it? Wow. Even you admit that he means more to you.'

'It's not like that.' I protested.

'Come off it. We both know you've always liked him more. Since the day we met, you've liked him more. I was just the third wheel.'

'You sound pathetic. You aren't a third wheel, Sid. It's just easier to talk to Varun.'

'Really? Then why has it been so long since you've spoken?'

'Have you been through my phone records or something?'

'No, I just speak to Varun more than you. He told me you haven't talked in a few months.' If the conversation had been different, it would've been a throwaway comment, but this was meant to incite me.

'So what? Why does it matter to you? My relationship with Varun is none of your business.' I hated that he could bait me like that.

'Why so defensive? Trouble in paradise?' He taunted.