Ho Gaya Hai Tujhko

Varun P.O.V.

For the past few months, I'd been filming for Badrinath ki Dulhania. It had been an amazing experience, one that beat almost every other filming experience I had ever had. The only filming experience that could beat it is Dilwale. I doubt anything will beat that for a while. Filming with such epic, legendary actors is beyond amazing.

But there are parts of filming this that definitely beat every other experience I have ever had. Like seeing Alia everyday. Getting to see her be properly free and laughing like there's nothing wrong in the world.

Unfortunately, all good things come to an end. We were going back home today.

Na Jaane Mere Dil Ko Kya Ho Gaya
Abhi To Yahin Tha Abhi Kho Gaya

I had been woken up by Alia this morning and had thought I was still dreaming for a minute. She was sat next to me on the bed, probably having come through the door connecting our rooms, gently running a hand through my hair to wake me up.

'Come on, sleepy head, wake up.' She said softly. I opened my eyes slowly, blinking a couple of times. I looked at her, the sun shining through the window and lighting her up, giving her a kind of soft glow. She was smiling at me and still running a hand through my hair. I felt my heart stutter a little.

Na Jaane Mere Dil Ko Kya Ho Gaya
Abhi To Yahin Tha Abhi Kho Gaya

'Alu? What are you doing here?' I asked, propping myself up on my elbows.

'I came to wake you up.' She stated.

'I know. I meant why?'

'We're leaving in an hour and a half. You need to get up.'

'Oh. Right. We're going back to Mumbai today.' I realised.

'Yeah. So you need to get up, we can't miss the flight.' I nodded. She got up from the bed and walked out of the room. I felt empty now that she wasn't here.

I took as little time as possible to get ready, not wanting to waste time I could be spending with Alia. I know we would be promoting together pretty soon but until then I would miss her.

Na Jaane Mere Dil Ko Kya Ho Gaya
Abhi To Yahin Tha Abhi Kho Gaya

We spent over two hours on the plane. There was barely a minute of silence between the two of us. It was a constant stream of conversation. I felt like we were trying to fit as much talk as we possibly could into the time we had left together. I didn't want this time to end, I didn't want to have to get of the plane and walk away from her.

I had to though. The flight was over too soon and, before we knew it, we were walking out of the airport to where we both had people waiting to pick us up. I walked with her along the row of cars until we came to the one driven by her sister. She turned to me with a sort of sad smile, like she didn't want this time to end either.

'So, we're done.' She said.

'For now. The filming is over, now the promotions begin.'

'But not for a while. Might even be a couple of months.'

'It'll go by faster than you can fathom. Then you'll wish you could go back to the few months in between.' I tried to lighten the somewhat heavy mood.

'I won't. Promotions may be draining but they're also fun. We get to spend a lot of time together, being us instead of the characters. I like spending time with you.' She said. I felt the corner of my mouth tug upwards in a half smile.

'Then don't be a stranger. If you want to hang out, call me.' I told her. She nodded, smiling.

'I will. And you do as well. I don't want to fall out of contact with you again.'