Pyaar Kar

This is for angellwalia who asked if I could do something where Varun is with Natasha and Alia is with Sid and eventually they fall for each other. I hope this is something like what you were thinking.

Varun P.O.V.

You know when you're little, under 10, birthdays and festivals are something you look forward to with endless excitement. You look forward to the presents and the party and going out to eat.

When you hit 11 or 12 and start to get to the teenage years, it's not so much of a big deal. You still look forward to the presents and going to eat, but you don't have the big parties anymore.

When you hit your twenties, that's it. Nobody really makes a big deal of birthdays and the novelty of the festivals has long since worn off. You don't find joy in playing holi as much and it isn't as much fun to draw the rangoli patterns now. Christmas is less exciting when you already now what you're getting.

The only holiday you celebrate once you hit 20 is the new year. It's an excuse to go out, party and, for most of us, get drunk.

There's also the tradition of the kiss at midnight. It gives you an excuse to kiss the girl you want to be with and brush it off if she doesn't take it well.

That's how I ended up dating Natasha.

I've known her for years and I developed a crush on her which eventually turned into something more. Maybe not love, but it's getting there.

The year I turned 23, I decided I was going to ask her out.

I kept trying and trying but I would always chicken out. And then the perfect opportunity presented itself. New year's eve.

There was a group of about nine of us, five guys and four girls. Out of the nine, only three of us were single - me, Natasha and Rahul.

As soon as we got to the party, Rahul was off like a shot in search of drinks and probably a girl. He isn't one for commitment so he was likely looking for a girl who wouldn't mind a one-night stand.

That left eight of us. Seeing as the six that weren't single were attached to each other, it was basically just me and Natasha. So we stuck together, drinking little enough that we'd still be sober by the end of the night.

I'd kissed her at midnight and then our relationship kind of just went from there.

Now we've been together for almost 6 years. It's a steady relationship, something we both need. I know that if I call her, she'll always be there to talk and she knows the same about me.

Right now though, she is kind of pissed with me.

She's not talking to me because I signed a movie that I'll have to film over summer when she had wanted to go on holiday. I know I shouldn't have signed it considering I've been telling her I'll take her on holiday for almost 3 years now, but this is my pet project. The sequel to Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania. I couldn't pass this up. Humpty is my favourite movie that I've done and I've got the chance to recreate that magic. I'll make it up to her eventually.

Alia P.O.V.

Having a boyfriend who is an actor has several perks. One of those perks is he understands that I have a busy schedule. He doesn't get very upset when I say I can't do something because I'm busy with a film.

Sid is an amazing boyfriend except for one thing.

He gets very jealous, very easily. Especially of Varun. No matter how many times I reassure him that Varun is just a friend, he still has some kind of insecurity. So much of an insecurity that he actually tried to tell me not to sign a film with Varun.

One Shots #VariaSquadOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara