It's a Date

Varun P.O.V.

The phone rang and rang but there was no answer. After fifteen rings, it went to voicemail. 'Hey, you've reached Alia Bhatt. Leave a message and I'll get back to you when I can.' I hung up without leaving one and rang her home phone. Thankfully someone picked up.

'Hello.' Shaheen answered, using her professional voice. 

'Hey, Shaheen, it's Varun. Is Alia in?' I asked, hoping that she was. Shaheen sighed heavily. 'Okay, that sounded like a bad sigh. What's wrong?' I queried. 

'Nothing. Just Alia. Listen, I'll tell her you called and ask her to give you a ring. I don't know when she will get round to it but I'll make sure she does.' 

'So, she isn't home?'

'Oh she's at home. She just absolutely refuses to leave her room. Last I checked, she was planning on hiding in there for at least a week. Her door's locked and she seems to be watching or listening to music non stop.' She explained. 

'That would explain why she isn't answering the phone.' I thought out loud. 'Okay, I'm coming over. Don't let her know. I'll be there in twenty minutes.'

'If you say so. There isn't really a point in you coming though. She doesn't want to talk to anyone.' Shaheen tried to dissuade me.

'That's exactly why I'm coming. She needs to talk, and, whether she likes it or not, she is going to, I'm going to make her talk to me.' 

'Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you.' She hung up the phone without saying anything more and I got in my car and began the twenty minute drive. 

Alia P.O.V.

I heard the doorbell ring but I ignored it, knowing that there was probably someone else in the house who would answer it. Sure enough, I heard the door open and then close, followed by footsteps on the stairs. The footsteps grew louder as they came towards my room and then stopped completely. 

There was a knock at the door. 

'Go away!' I called. Another knock. 'Leave me alone.' A third knock, harder this time. 'I told you I don't want to talk, Shaheen!' I just assumed it was my sister, everybody else had left me alone like I had requested, but she wouldn't. 

'It's not Shaheen.' said a very masculine, extremely familiar voice from the other side of the door. I sat up in bed and paused the music that had been playing on my laptop. Surely, I was imagining that voice. I waited for him to speak again. 'Alia, open the door or I'll break it.' He threatened. Nope, I wasn't imagining things. I slowly got out of bed and went to open the door. 

'Varun? What are you doing here?' I asked. 

'Well, you weren't answering your phone and you've apparently been holed up in your room all weekend. I came to make sure you weren't going to die of starvation or anything.' He told me. 

'I'm fine, you didn't need to come here to check on me. I'm twenty-two years old, not twenty-two months old, I can take care of myself.' I snapped. 

'I know you can. But you've just had your first flop, that's not an easy thing to handle, and it's even worse when you try to handle it by yourself. So, let me in and talk to me. Rant at me, vent to me, shout and yell and cry and scream. Whatever you need, I'm here for you.' Ugh, why does he have to say stuff like that? He completely ruined my plan to be angry and alone for a week or two. I stepped out of the doorway to allow him in and shut the door behind him. I turned to look at him as he sat on the bed, gesturing for me to sit next to him. I rolled my eyes at the fact that he was telling me to sit on my own bed but did it anyway, throwing myself onto the mattress a bit dramatically. 'I bought food.' he told me, showing me a takeout bag from a noodle store down the road. I immediately brightened up and reached for the bag. He chuckled and reached into the bag. He took out two cartons and handed me the one marked with an 'A'. I took it and opened as he handed me a fork.