Secrets

Based on the prompt in the media box because I was on tumblr and saw it and thought of Varun and Alia in this situation.

Warning: this does have a mature scene. Not too mature but...

Alia P.O.V.

I was stood in my cupboard staring at at the line of clothes hanging on the rail. It was unusual for me to not be able to decide what to wear but I really didn't want to wear anything that was in my cupboard right now. All the clothes were things my sister had got for me or her old clothes that were a bit too fitted or dressy. I was only going for lunch with Varun and Sid, there was no need to dress up. I could, it has been a really long time since we last met up like this, but it's a casual lunch, just a chance for us to catch up. I just wanted to wear my jeans and a loose t-shirt but I seemed to have exhausted my supply of relaxed clothing.

With a sigh, I pulled out the least fitted of the dresses and pulled it on, struggling a bit and feeling uncomfortable at the clinginess of the material. I looked in the mirror and tugged it down, really wishing I hadn't decided to do a giant load of laundry this weekend. I didn't even wear clothes this short or fitted during promotions anymore. It was okay when I was wearing my favourite denim shorts, but this dress made me feel uncomfortable. I had worn plenty more revealing clothes when for movies, but that was the character not me. I didn't really have much choice though, my clothes were still drying and this was the best out of all the things in my cupboard.

My phone buzzed, reminding me of the time and that I had somewhere to be. I shut off the reminder and left, feeling weird without pockets to put my phone in.

Varun P.O.V.

Me and Sid were waiting for Alia at the café like we had agreed. We were talking about movies and had just gotten onto the topic of classics when Alia arrived. I wouldn't have even known she was there if Sid hadn't stopped speaking midway through explaining why no movie would ever compare to a classic love story. I looked at him inquisitively as he looked at something behind me. I didn't need to ask why he had stopped speaking, he answered the question before I could voice it. 'Yaar, turn around and tell me if that's actually Alia.' My confusion grew as I turned in my seat.

My eyes bugged out and I inhaled sharply, which resulted in me choking on my own spit, as I saw her. Sid, being the absolutely amazing friend that he is (not), began laughing instead of helping me. Alia rushed over to us, concern showing on her face. She rubbed my back to help me to unblock my airway and glared at Sid who was laughing even harder, probably because he knew what was going through my mind.

When I was finally able to breathe again, Alia stepped away. I couldn't stop my eyes from wondering over her, amazed at the way the dress hugged her body. I was so used to seeing her in jeans and t-shirts or jumpers that it was a little odd to see her in clothes like this. Even when I had last seen her in a dress, it had definitely not been this fitted.

I was glad when she sat down, pulling the chair close to the table and reducing the temptation to stare. She looked between me and a still smirking Sid. 'What happened just now? How did you choke? And why didn't you help him?' She asked, glaring pointedly at Sid. She was more interested in his answer than mine, thankfully, because I would not be able to give her an answer.

Unfortunately, Sid decided to answer both. 'I didn't help him because I couldn't stop laughing because he choked on his own spit.'

'So? You still should have helped him. He could have died if I hadn't got here!' Sid started laughing again at that. 'What's so funny now?' She demanded.

'The whole reason he was choking was because he saw you.' Sid explained. Alia's face scrunched in confusion and I felt myself go red.

'That doesn't make sense. How did I make Varun choke?' I sunk down in my seat, trying to hide. The movement drew her attention. She turned to look at me, question written on her face. 'Varun, how did I make you choke?'