Twitter.

In which people are being mean and it pisses Alia off.

Alia P.O.V.

I woke up late this morning, getting my first full night of sleep in ages. I had been in interviews most of the day yesterday, but now promotions were finally over and I could relax.

I reached for my phone, as I always do first thing when I woke up, and checked my notifications. Dozens of emails and way more twitter notifications than I would be able to look at. Still, I decided I may as well try.

I scrolled through so many mentions for Kapoor and Sons, deciding to look at those later, not really wanting to think about the promotions I had just finished doing.

Eventually, I happened across the Varia tweets. I couldn't help but smile as I clicked on one of them, seeing a photo of me and Varun from almost two years ago. There was a whole long chain of replies to the tweet so I decided to read them and realised it was a conversation.

The conversation made me smile and even laugh a few times.

The smile was wiped off of my face as I saw a reply that was the opposite of everything I had seen till now.

'Get over this Varia. Sid is such a better match.'

I scoffed and looked to see what the reply was. I felt strangely proud of my fans as I saw that they tried to handle it like a grown up.

That's your opinion and that's okay. Let us have our opinion.

Unfortunately, some people can't be mature. From there the whole thing turned into a string of comments about how I'm supposedly with Sid and I'm never going to be with Varun. I was actually a little amused until I started to see comments insulting Varun.

It seemed like Varun's fans had been completely kicked out of their own conversation and now it was a stream of things like 'I don't understand the hype', 'He's not even that good looking', 'He's not that great of an actor either', 'He only got a film because of his dad', 'He doesn't know how to take risks' and 'He's not talented in the slightest.'

I was tempted to say something but refrained, knowing they wouldn't care what I said. Instead, I closed the app and called Varun.

'Hey, Alu, finally catch up on all your sleep?' Varun asked as soon as he answered.

'Hey. Yeah, finally managed to sleep for more than a few hours. Although I feel like I've wasted most of the day.'

'That would be because it's two in the afternoon.'

'I know that's why I'm calling.'

'You're calling me to tell me the time?'

'No,' I laughed 'I'm calling to ask if you want to come eat lunch with me.'

'Sure. You want me to bring some food?'

'No, we can just order a pizza or something.'

'Alright, I'll be there in twenty minutes.'

'Okay, I'll see you in twenty minutes.' I said, smiling.

'Yeah.'

'Love you.' I told him.

'Love you too. Bye.'

'Bye.' I hung up the phone and got out of bed, stretching. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth before going downstairs and putting the kettle on. I got out two mugs and searched through my cupboards for my tea bags. Once I finally found them, I put one in each cup and poured in the milk and then the water and left it to brew.