Pehla Pehla Pyaar Hai

Third Person P.O.V.

Neither of them is exactly sure how it happened, it just kind of did.

They both got out of long term relationships, which had ended disastrously and had been a little toxic towards the end, and neither of them wanted a new relationship but they both needed a friend.

Who else would they turn to?

They both knew that they could rely on the other to be someone to chill with and talk to.

So, they started hanging out more often, like they had before life had just become a constant stream of movies and filming and promotions. Like they had back when they were still just two of the three newly launched 'Students' instead of the next superstars as they were now being called. It didn't take long before they were best friends again.

Neither of them were surprised when the rumours about them started up. With the amount of time they spent together, rumours were bound to circulate. They spent most of their time together nowadays; chances were if you were looking for Alia and couldn't get a hold of her, you could call Varun and be guaranteed to find her and vis versa. They both knew people were going to think they were together and they didn't let it bother them.

They weren't planning on getting together. Neither of them were ready for another serious relationship. Especially after the ones they had just gotten out of.

They just kind of fell into one.

Neither of them is sure when it happened. He never asked her out, she never said she wanted him to.

It happened slowly, yet suddenly.

It happened in stages.

It happened one night when they were eating dinner, when he reached across the table to take a hold of her hand and she didn't stop him.

It happened two weeks after that when he dropped her home and, she's not sure what made her do it, she kissed him goodnight.

It happened three days after that when they went out and neither of them bothered to correct the people that assumed they were on a date.

They didn't give any labels to their relationship. Neither of them felt the need. They werent just friends. He wasn't her boyfriend, she wasn't his girlfriend. They just were. If anyone were to ask he would say she's his Alia and she would tell you that he is her Varun. That was enough for them.

But that doesn't mean they didn't have the same milestones as every other couple.

They'd been together for four months when he first said it. Those three words.

They were lying on the grass in his back garden, watching as the sun set and the stars started to appear. She'd just finished telling him a story from when she was younger. He had never been one to listen to childhood stories, but he had taken in every word. Now they were just lying there. She was looking out into the evening sky as he just watched her. That's when he realised that he'd never felt this way for anyone else. He realised he was in love.

'I love you.' He just kind of blurted it out but he didn't even think about taking it back.

'I...' She looked at him a little startled, her eyes wide. He knew she wasn't going to say it back. That's not why he told her. He saw guilt build in her chocolate brown eyes. 'I don't think I can say it back just yet.'

'It's alright. I didn't say it so that you'd say it back. I just wanted you to know.' He assured her. Still the guilt remained in her eyes.

'Are you sure you're okay with it?' She asked, looking a little worried.