Opening Gifts (Markiplier)

Start from the beginning

"You say that every year!" you exclaimed, laughing.

"And when have I ever let you down?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Touché." You took his outstretched hand, and he led you to the tree, where a pile of Christmas gifts were waiting, half from him to you, half from you to him. They were separated in half, the left side of the tree was for you, the right for him.

"Since you're so eager to give me your gift, you get to open one of my gifts first," you smirked.

"None of that sentence just correlated with itself," he smiled, "but fine." He picked up a present with red wrapping paper and a green bow and ripped it open eagerly, like a boy on Christmas morning- oh. Yeah, that basically summed up Mark in a sentence pretty well.

"Aw, (Y/N)! You shouldn't have!" he gasped, staring at the picture of you and him on the beach. One of Mark's fans had offered to take the picture of the two of you walking on the sand, and you decided to have it framed.

"It was a beautiful evening, how could I not hang that up?" you teased him, watching his eyes start to water. "Oh, don't you start crying on me now, you bubble blowing baby. That was only your first present. I have about three more."

"You are such an ass," he chuckled, wiping his eyes and setting down the picture carefully. "I love you. Now open my gift."

You picked one out from the four or five presents stacked up neatly and held it up. It was wrapped in a blue and silver striped wrapping paper with a little red bow placed neatly on top. Quickly but carefully, you removed the paper and saw a box.

"What's in this?" you asked.

"You can open it to find out," he chuckled, making you roll your eyes in amusement. You opened the box and found a small, silver locket in it. Filled with curiosity, you opened it and saw two pictures. On the left side was a picture of you and Chica. It was when you decided to play dead with her, and she started running around you, eventually going as far as to jump on you. On the right, was a picture of you and Mark on your wedding day.

"We're all giving each other pictures now, aren't we?" you laughed, holding the piece of jewelry close to your heart.

"I know you stopped wearing necklaces for a while, but I thought, in the wise words of Ed Sheeran, you can keep me inside the pocket of your ripped jeans," he smiled embracing you in a tight squeeze.

"Why did we open these gifts first?" you asked, feeling yourself tear up as well.

"We just have good taste. That was my best gift, the other stuff was to make sure you didn't have more presents than me." That made you laugh again. Oh, how you loved this adorable man-baby.

The other gifts consisted of a cologne bottle and new recording equipment for Mark and a new hat, an odd badminton racket and some very comfy pillows. You had even bought a new collar and dog toy for Chica, which she was now gnawing on.

"You know just what I like," you giggled, fluffing up the pillows.

"What can I say? I tend to notice when you sleep until almost midday," he replied with a smirk.

"Only sometimes," you pointed out and grabbed the last present from him. It was one of his shirts.

"Oh, Mark! This is the best gift ever! How can I ever repay you?" you asked him sarcastically, glancing at your husband with a small smile as you held up the shirt.

"Hey, what can I say? That was supposed to be the first one you opened, but you just had to pick the farthest one away from you." His tongue shot out. "I was supposed to look like the self-conceited, last minute jerk before you opened the necklace!"

"That's why I held my present for last," you smiled, making him frown in confusion, looking over at the small hill of gifts that you had gotten for each other. You ran upstairs and to your bed, fishing for the small, see-through plastic container that you had received just last night. Walking downstairs, you saw Mark playing with Chica. You smiled to yourself, knowing that this was the man that you would spend the rest of your life with.

"Merry Christmas, Markimoo," you whispered, handing him the pregnancy test. His eyes widened, and he stared at it, then at you, then back at it.

"Is... is this real?" he asked after a while.

"As real as me," you said.

"And... this isn't a dream?"

"Not that I know of," you answered, starting to get nervous. His voice was a bit flat.

"(Y/N)...."

"Yes?"

"I'm... going to be a father?"

"I'm pretty sure that's what that means, yes."

Slowly, he stood up, still gripping the container holding the test tightly with both hands. Then he looked up at you, and tears were actively flowing down his face as he grinned so hard, his eyes looked closed.

"I'm going to be a father!" he croaked, unable to scream through his tears. "I'm going to be a dad!" His arms wrapped around you, almost making you lose your balance from the sudden force. Even Chica looked happy, as she was on her two hind legs, pawing at your hips with her tongue lolling out happily as she panted.

"You're going to be such a good role model," you sighed, burying your face in his shirt. He couldn't even say anything, just nod.

"Only the best for our kid," he said weakly, letting go and sitting down. "I... I think I'm in shock."

That made you laugh even harder. "Now I'll have two kids to take care of." Chica nudged your hand, and you smiled down at her. "Three children."

"I love you so much, darling. This was the best Christmas gift I could ever ask for," he whispered as you sat beside him, leaning your head on his shoulder.

"And you're the best person I could ever have in my life," you replied as he kept his eyes firmly glued to the stick on the ground in front of him.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Word count: 1611

I don't wear jewelry, but if Mark gave me a necklace, I would be wearing that thing like I was the Queen of England.