61: Carefree (Final)

A month later it's Christmas Eve. This month has been the best it's been in a long while. No Danny to worry about. A great time with my kids and husband. I can walk out of the house without the weight of possibly being kidnapped and/or hurt. I don't have to look over my shoulder to make sure he's not there. I walk into the living room, see Dan laying down on the floor with the babies. Then right by the lit up tree with presents from my parents underneath the tree. And the two presents Dan and I got each other. I go over to them and sit on the floor. "Second Christmas together, first Christmas for the babies," I smile lifting Eli's foot slightly. He giggled and then I did the same to London.

"I'm so happy I'm spending it with you guys," Dan says picking London up. As he laid on his back he lifted her up above him and made airplane sounds as he moves her gently. They should be crawling soon. Dan and I have been working with them and they've almost got it. "I can't wait to go to your parents tomorrow!" I say excitedly. "I know right I can't wait to open up the gifts I saw under the tree!" Dan says excitedly just like a child would. I chuckle and look at him. I run my fingers through his hair as I admire him. I got pretty lucky.

"By the way, Mum says she really misses you," Dan says. "Awh! I miss her too!" I smile. "I can't wait to see what she's cooking tomorrow oh god I can already taste the {favorite breakfast item}!" I say smiling. At the thought of the amazing food item, my mouth waters. I hold Eli close to me and peck his cheek. "So, you wanna stay up with me tonight?" Dan ask.
"Yeah, it's almost time to put the babies down anyways," I tell him. "What do you want to do?" Dan ask. I think for a second and then the thought of snacks and a movie popped into my head. "Wanna watch a movie?"
"Ooh, what movie?"
I think for a second then the perfect movie pops into my head. "F/m {favorite movie}?" I smile.
"Ooh, it's been awhile since I've watched that one, sure!"

It'll just be Dan and me since Phil and Tyler are off visiting Phil's parents.

Once it was time to put the kids down after giving them a bath, we gave them a little bit of a warm bottle then rocked them to sleep. I pat London's back as I try to keep her asleep. I lay her down gently in her bassinet. I walk out of our room shutting the door just a crack. I walk into the living room seeing Dan already on the couch looking for a movie.

•~•

Dan's arms were around me as I leaned into his body. The movie f/m {fav movie} was almost done. We were laying on the couch, Dan's back to the arm of the couch and me in between his legs my back to his front. A warm cover draped over us, and a bowl that was once filled now empty. The only light we had was the TV and the lights from the Christmas tree. I heard Dan's phone vibrate on the arm of a couch. "It's 12:00," He says smiling. "Merry Christmas Angel," He tells me. "Merry Christmas Love," I say, my lips stretching into a smile. He leans down to give me a peck on the lips. Dan tapped me signaling he was going to get up. I scoot up allowing him to slip away. I watch him as he runs over to the tree and grabs one of the boxes. It's a little square box. I sit up straight and swing my legs over the side of the couch. He runs over to me and sits next to me.

"Okay so I was going to wait until morning but it's Christmas and I don't want to wait any longer," he smiles. I grab the box from him and rip open the red Dan and Phil wrapping paper. The box was velvet black. It's clear it's jewelry. I look at him and smile. "Open it," He says. His dimples are very visible, even in this dim light. I lift the lid and smile at the beautiful necklace before me. It was gold, and it held an infinity sign with my name on it. The bottom of my name was underlined with diamonds. "Awh Dan this is so sweet! Thank you so much!" I say hugging him. "You're welcome," He says then kisses my head. I should let him open his present then. So weird how similar our presents are. I get up and walk over the tree. "Since you let me open one of mine," I pick up the present. "I should let you open one of yours," I smile. I walk over to him and sit back down on the couch.