24: Stressful Meetings

Long one for a long wait Love youuuus
•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•

Week later~

I put my bag next to Dan's in the back seat of my car.

"Okay let's be sure you have everything before we leave," I tell him.

I started listing off things he might need to survive a night or two at my parents. Once we were sure he and I both had everything we both piled into my car and started up the music. As I drove I sung, and hit the steering wheel acting as if it were drums. I also made the sounds of the music when a music break came. Dan was singing too acting as much of a fool as I was. He moved his body and put his arms out pointing at invisible people, and sung into an invisible microphone.

An hour and a half in we had to take a 'pee and snack' break. I walked out of the small gas station with my bag of chips. I got to the car, since Dan told me he could drive from here I sit in the passenger seat. As waited for Dan to come out, I opened the bag, the smell of the chips punching my nose. "Mm," I hummed in satisfaction. Moments later I see him walking out clutching a bag of chips himself. Dan gets in and starts up the car.

"I can't wait till we get to your parents," he sighs.

"Why?" I ask taking a chip from the bag.

"That bathroom was horrific!" He screeches. I laughed at him. I had to squat so I know what he means.

We leave the gas station, the car falls silent music softly playing in the background. I look out the window watching the scenery pass by. I sigh, letting myself relax. It's been so long since I've seen my parents. I didn't have a bad childhood. It's just after I was born everything changed. No more fun parties. Mom stopped doing things she used to, like cooking, and letting lots of people stay. Dad became way too uptight. He was already uptight enough he just became way too Christian. There's nothing wrong with it of course! But when it feels like he's trying to force his religion on me it's horrible. I couldn't get in the car with him without having to hear a speech or be taught a lesson. Then he can be a homophobic asshole. I love him but damn! Give. Me. A. Fucking. Break.

Just so he wouldn't say anything hurtful in front of Lynn, I told him about her. I didn't want her to get offended because I know she'll speak her mind if she doesn't agree with something. After eating my chips I started to relax. A yawn ran past my lips, and I felt my eyes start to weigh heavy. We'll get there faster I guess. Soon sleep was taking over me.

Dans POV:

~Hour and a half later~

We've finally hit the city where Y/n's parents live. I stop at the stoplight, I lean back in my seat and sigh. I look over at her, her h/c hair draping over her face. I reach over and move it out of her face. God, she's so gorgeous, and she's all mine. I smile to myself, looking back at the road the light turned green. I pressed my foot on the gas pedal lightly allowing the car to move.

I look at the gps to see we're not far from our destination. I'm scared, and thrilled to see Y/n's parents. I hope they like me... she hasn't told me much about them at all. My thumbs tap the steering wheel to the beat of the music. I sing softly and bob my head to the beat.

Once we finally get to the neighborhood, as we're passing by each house I notice that the houses are big, and fancy. Wow Y/n lived here when she was younger? Damn. I can feel the fear rising in my stomach. I really really hope they like me? What if they dont?? No no don't say that Dan. They will like you! (No they won't...) Yes they will! (Stop lying Daniel) Shut up mind! Soon I was parking next to a two story white brick house, a black Toyota in the driveway. Flowers leading to the porch. I take in air and let it out before shaking Y/n awake.