21: Misunderstandings

He didn't answer me. "Phil?" I called his name. I saw a tear drop from his eye, down his face and onto his lap. I scoot closer to him and wrap my arms around him. I felt him lean into me, so I rubbed his back gently. "I t-thought we had something m-more than that..." Phil said, his voice sounding broken....defeated. "What do you mean?" I ask. I don't think Phil knows Dan and I know him and Connor had some intimate fun last night.

"Me and Connor...um we may or may not have... you know done it..." he trailed off. "Well damn..." I trail off. "I was so happy and I thought since it actually happened that'd he'd be mine and we'd be together. One call from Troye and it's all about him!" He says a bit angry. "There's other people you know? You just gotta get out there." I tell him. "I don't want other people though. I want Connor..." Phil trails off sniffling. "I'm sorry hun," I don't like seeing Phil sad... He's normally so happy and so bubbly.

"I know life is being a huge pile of shit right now but things will start looking up for you soon. Like hell we can go back to that candy place and get you more candy. Or just go to a park and run around like the children we are." I tell him. He raises himself from my grasp and wipes his teary eyes. "Thanks Y/n.." he says. "You're welcome anytime." I smile half heartedly. "Are you okay?" He asked. Thats the question I need to avoid right now. I sigh looking down at my lap. "I uh... I don't wanna talk about it right now..." I tell him. An awkward silence fell over the room. I need to get out the house. I stood up and ran to my room. I got dressed not really caring about what I looked like too much. I grabbed the things I'd need and I left the house. Heading to my destination: The Park.

^•+•^

After spending a few minutes by myself I decided to invite Lilly to hang out with me. I need her around right now cause I need at least one of my best girl friends. "Y/n, I'm sure you're just overthinking it man." She tells me. "What if that really is the case though? Like he sees me in that way and then it's like he needs to be as far away as possible." I tell her. "Have you talked to him about it?" She asked. "I haven't seen him all day," I tell her kicking a pebble on the ground.

"This could be the first stage of him avoiding me..." I trail off. Lilly looks at her phone and sighs. "I've got to go, but if anything happens call me." She tells me. "Alright, tell your parents I said hi." I tell her. "Alright, see you!" She runs away towards the parking lot.

Her sister just got out of the hospital, and Lilly and her parents are taking care of her. They might be going somewhere, that's why they need Lilly. The thought of Dan avoiding me made me feel even worst. It brought tears to my eyes again. I let them trail down my cheeks. I should probably go home now. I've been out for a couple of hours now. I walk to my car with blurry vision. Before making my trip back home, I made sure I was calm enough to where I could see.

Then I drove off heading home.

-

I opened the door, and walked into the house. I immediately headed for my room. I was just at my doorframe when I was stopped. "Y/n?" I heard his voice. With a shaky voice, I answered, "Y-yes?"

"Phil told me you looked like you were crying this morning... are you okay?" He asked. "I'm fine," I lie. I can feel myself breaking. "You don't sound l-"

"I said I'm fine!" I snap. Immediately regretting that I apologize and walk into my room and shut the door. I back up onto the door, and slide down feeling myself break again. I put my face in my hands and let out a sob. He's probably acting like he cares because he doesn't want to seem rude. I sat for a few moments before picking myself back up. I'm sure I smell like nature, and I need to relax a bit. I need another shower... I walk into the bathroom and undress. I look at myself in the mirror. "Gross.." I say to myself. I get into the shower.

Dan's POV:

Y/n sounded so hurt...so broken... what happened?? It can't be because of last night because you'd think she'd just be awkward... I'll ask again later when things are more calm. I really hope she's okay... I miss her.. Phil went to go get some food for himself. I was going to take Y/n out to a fast food restaurant but there's something wrong right now. I should call Phil and see what to do. I fish my phone from my back pocket, and dial Phil's number. "She won't talk to me about it either... she was hurt over something..." I tell him.

"Give it time, I'll stay out for longer. I need a little time to myself anyways. Just ask her about it." He told me. "Okay thanks Phil see you in a little while." With that he hangs up the phone. Now it's time to wait.

^•+•^

Y/n POV:

I can't believe I snapped at him the way I did.. I didn't mean to! I just.. ugh. I get into bed and scroll through my phone a bit before putting it down and thinking while staring at my window. I heard my door open, I knew it was Dan. I refused to look at him though and I kept my eyes locked on my window. He crawled into bed with me then he wrapped an arm around me, and pulled me close to him. This doesn't seem like he's acting... maybe I was overreacting...

I turn around to face him, and cuddle into him. I missed this so much. I wish I could've woken up to this this morning. "Are you okay, Angel?" He asked. Angel...his sweet little nickname for me. I answer honestly, "No."
"What's wrong?" He asked. "It seems silly now..." I tell him. "You can tell me, I'm sure it's not silly." He says seriously. "But it is, and I over thought things." I sigh. "Well tell me about it then." He pries. I give in.

"This morning when you didn't wake up by my side, my thoughts ran wild. I don't mean to sound crazy. Things Danny said haunted me. I thought you had felt the same after seeing my body last night..." I explain. "Y/n, you're gorgeous! It's true now and it'll always be true. Your body looks amazing to me too! Stop letting his words sneak into your head especially with thoughts of me because you and I both know me and that prick are two totally different people. Also, I thought you,d want some space after last night. I don't want things to be awkward between us. " He told me.

"I told you it was silly..." I trail off. "You just let your mind go to places it shouldn't have. I should've also stayed right here with you."

"I'm sorry.." I apologize. "For what?" He ask. "Snapping at you, and overreacting the way I did." I said sadly. I know I already apologized for it, but I still feel bad about it. "It's fine and you weren't overreacting, I would've been the same way if I thought you didn't want to be with me anymore. Especially if I experienced the horrors of your past." He told me. "Really?" I asked. "Yes really," he brushes some hair out my eyes. "You know, I like you a lot." He admits, kissing my forehead. I look up at him and small smile forms on my lips. "I like you a lot too." He kisses me softly, then pulls away stroking my cheek softly. "If you feel this way ever again, next time come tell me." He tells me. "Okay," I agreed. "Good," he pecks me on the lips, then hugs me tightly. "Now how about dinner?"

•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•

Sweet ending for an intense chapter am I rite? Haha love you Kittens! Byeeee! Also thanks for almost 4K reads I love you guys ❤❤