55: Gentle Voices

First off let me apologize for not getting this chapter out sooner but I haven't been on wattpad period really and that's because it's been hard for me to write. I had a huge test, my brain was fried school in general is killing me right now. On top of that because of personal relationships it's been pure shit. Even though everything's still not up to where I need it to be, I needed to get a chapter out to you guys. Anyways, I want to be happy enough to make happy and good chapters for you. Hopefully the next chapter isn't far from now! Love you my Kittens! Again I'm sorry.

•+•+•+•+•+•+•

I woke up due to one of the babies crying. I look over to Dan who's still passed out next to me. I look at Lynn on the couch who's still knocked out herself. I get out of bed my feet touching the cold floor. I walked over to the bassinets to discover it was London that was crying. I yawn and pick her up. "What's wrong honey?" I coo softly bouncing her. Maybe she's hungry? I don't know how to feed her though. There's not a bottle in here and this will be my first time breast feeding this should be interesting.

I walk over to the bed and sit down. I press the nurse button and bounce her gently. "God Y/n that child has a loud mouth like yours," Lynn says rolling over and covering her ears. "What's wrong with them?" Dan asked eyes shut and his voice muffled by a pillow. "I think she's hungry, I changed her diaper less than an hour ago," I tell him. Nurse Jane walks in turning on the lights. "Yes Miss Howell, what do you need?" She ask. She's going to be my nurse for the rest of the night. "I think she might be hungry and I don't know how to feed her," I tell her. She went on to explain to me how to breast feed as she helped me do it. It was a very weird yet amazing experience. I feel more connected to London now. While Jane was in here I thanked her again for saving Eli. Without her my baby boy wouldn't be here and I'd be in pain instead of happiness.

It's still so shocking I'm now a mom and I have to take care of two tiny humans. It scares me though. I hope to raise them right and help them become great adults and do amazing things.

^•+•^

Now it's the next day and we're just waiting to go home. Dan's parents haven't come to see the kids yet and that's only because it was late when I actually had them. Dan and I gently put them in their car seats. Lynn was holding our duffel bags and the diaper bags. Thank god for her. She's been such a big help.

"You take it easy Y/n okay," Dr. Cooper says.
"I will thank you for everything!"

"Y/n I'll get one of the kiddos you hold the bags," Lynn tells me. "Why?"
"You're so exhausted it might be a little hard for you to carry around a car seat with a baby in it right now."
"Okay," I agree with her because I am still really tired.

Lynn and Dan pick up the car seats and we head out.

^•+•^

We make it back to the apartment. Dan opens up the door and allows me to walk in first. My eyes widen in surprise when I see who's all here. Dan's parents, my parents, my sister and her family, Lilly, Mark, and Taylor. Alex and Brian are here too but that's expected. All eyes were on us as we walked in. Everyone smiled when Dan and Lynn brought the babies in. "What are you guys doing here?" I ask my parents, sister, and her family hugging them. I see my mom cover her mouth as her eyes tear up.

"What's their names?"
"London and Eli," I smile. "How precious!" She squeals quietly and goes over to the car seats. "Look at them D/n!" Mom says motioning for my dad to come over to her. "I'm still not too happy about this but, they are my grandchildren. I love them to death," Dad tells me putting a hand on my shoulder.

I see Taylor walking over to me. His hair was styled into a man bun but instead of blonde it was a dark brown. "Look at you Y/n! You're a mom!" He smiles. "Look at your hair!" He opens his arms inviting me for a hug. I gladly accept hugging his skinny frame.
"This is so weird! It was like just yesterday you were starting your first day at HotTopic and I had to help you out and teach you my amazing ways," he says over exaggerating his words jokingly. "Now I'm getting married and have two kids," I chuckle. "Cute kids at that," He chuckles. "Thank you! Wanna hold one of them?" I ask.

^•+•^

Dan comes over to me and wraps an arm around my waist. "I love you Y/n." He kisses my cheek and tilts his head putting it on mine. "I love you too baby," I smile.

We walk over to the couch and sit down. Mom grabs London out of her car seat and cradles her.

"Look Hazeabelle, it's your new baby cousins," S/n says smiling. Hazeabelle walks over to the car seat Eli was in. She gave a toothy smile and giggled. S/n crouches down and gets behind Hazeabelle, and grabs Eli's tiny hand. "Isn't he precious?" S/n asked Hazeabelle. She smiles and nods. I just watched as they got him out and S/n sat next to me.

"So how was it?" She asked smiling raising her eyebrows. "What? having them?" I questioned. She nodded in response. "Horrible! I'm not having anymore for a while. I love what I have I think it will stay that way for awhile," I chuckle. "I wasn't kidding when I said that shit hurts," she laughs lightly bouncing Eli in her arms. "Damn ya'll make some cute kids," she laughs.

After being here for about an hour Dan's parents left. Lynn's rocking London and I had Eli in my arms. I get up still bouncing him gently in my arms. I carry him to Dan and I's room where the bassinet was set up. "You really scared us," I whisper mostly to myself. I lay him down gingerly on his back not waking him. I cover him up with the blue blanket Lynn had gotten him. I smile down at him before exiting the room. I sit down right next to Dan and wrap my arm in his, cuddling up him. Despite being mad at him only a few hours ago, I'm clinging onto him now. I feel more closer to him than ever. I feel my eyes starting to grow heavy as they close. I shake my head to wake myself up a bit. I yawn as I look at everyone. Everyone still in their conversations didn't notice me. Maybe just a tiny nap then. I shut my sleepy eyes and allow myself to fall into the dark relaxing abyss of sleep.

^•+•^

The next I woke the sun was setting and I was in bed. The covers covering my body. It's so nice and warm. Wait, how did I get into bed?! I look to the other side of the bed then, I look over at the bassinets to see London asleep in hers. Eli isn't in his though. I push the covers back the cold air touching my warm skin. I walk out of the room and i hear a voice whispering in the living room. Dan's voice. I tip toe to the corner and peek around it. I see Dan holding Eli, Eli's head on Dan's chest. One arm under Eli's butt and one over his back.

"I can't sing so maybe it's good to talk to you hm?" Dan says as he pats his back. Dan spoke with such softness, it could put me to sleep. "It's a good thing you didn't wake your mum up little one. She's so exhausted from having you and your sister."
I hear him say. He walks around slowly patting Eli's back. It warms my heart to hear him talking to Eli. "I hope you never scare me like that again though. We thought we had lost you..." With that last sentence Dan's voice became softer. "I hope I'm gonna be a good dad, for you and London." He chuckles lightly. A small smile stretches my lips.

I walk out from behind the corner and walk over to them. Dan turns around to see me. A smile appears on his lips. "You're up, did the baby wake you?"
"No, the bed was cold without you though," I chuckle. "How is he?" I ask. "He's okay, I just changed his diaper," Dan tells me. "Look at you go Daddy Dan," I giggle. "That sounded so weird," he laughs. "That was the point," I tell him. I hear a small cry from our room. "Well looks like someone else is up as well," I say. I walk back into the room and turn on the light. London was squirming around and crying in her bassinet.

"Oh no what's the matter baby?" I coo going over to the bassinet. I pick her up and lay her against my chest. "When was the last time you got your diaper changed hun?" I say more to myself. I walk into the living room where Dan and Eli were. "When was the last time she had a diaper change?"
"About an hour ago when your parents were still here," he tells me. I scoop her up with my hands and bring her bottom to my nose. I didn't smell anything.
"Well it is about time for her to eat," I say.