16: Operation Believe

"What's your plan for this "operation believe" thing?" I ask. "Mark, could you please let me and Y/n out we wanna go up to the bar." Lilly told him. Mark got out of the booth, allowing us to slide out and walk over to the bar. "Okay, what are we doing here?" I ask. "See that waitress over there?" She pointed to the red head, blue eyes, make up done perfectly, with bigger boobs then me and I'm sure a better ass. "What about her?" I ask. "If I can get her to flirt with Dan, we have to see what he does and how he handles the situation." Lilly explains.

I don't think this would be a good idea. "I don-" before I could get the rest of the words out of my mouth she caught the waitress as she was walking. I couldn't hear a thing they were saying, all I saw were mouths moving. Lilly pointed at me. I looked between the two trying to make out what they were saying. I sighed realizing there was no use. I pulled my phone from my back pocket, and it's screen lit up.

I didn't look up until I felt a tap on my shoulder. Lilly was in front of me, smirking. "What?" I ask. "Look," she pointed to waitress straightening out her clothes and pulling down her shirt to make her cleavage very visible. I shook my head at her. That's too much. She struts over to the table, and bends over on it. "How in the hell did you get her to do this?" I ask Lilly. "A Twenty dollar bill said she would."

My jaw dropped twenty fucking dollars?! "Twenty dollars?!" This is so unbelievable! "What? That's all I had in my wallet were twenties." Lilly said. I shook my head at her. "Hey don't look at me like that! This is for you boo!" She laughs. "Thank you but... twenty dollars! Just for her to go talk to him." I told her. "Like I said it's all for you." She smiled. "Love you Lilly." I chuckle. "Love you too Y/n!" We both go quiet and watch what happens at the table. She keeps twirling her hair around her finger. I looked at Dan's expressions.

I saw Dan shuffle in his seat uncomfortably. As he looked up at her he talked to her, and I saw her stand up straight. She crossed her arms, and by the way her body language changed I could tell she most likely made a pouty face. Dan looked apologetic as I saw his mouth move more. Arms still crossed the waitress turned around and walked towards us. She turned and motioned for us to follow her. I looked at Lilly as she walked passed me and went to follow the woman. I followed wanting to know what happened.

Once we were far away from the guys to where they couldn't see us she stopped. "What did he say?" Lilly asked. "He told me that he's interested in someone else right now. Would that be you?" She turned to me. "There must be someone back at home he's interested in..." I say looking away. "Pull your head out of your ass and just face the fact he might have interest in you." Said the waitress, bluntly. "That's what I keep trying to explain to her!" Lilly said. "What happens when I get my hopes up then? I feel like I'll just get hurt like I have every other time." I told them.

"N/n, don't let your past get in the way of your future." Lilly told me. "Yeah you might have an amazing man you'll be pushing away once he tries to get close later on. Your past is in the past.. Yes, it may, and will haunt you but don't let it stop you from someone amazing and that you deserve. I learned that the hard way, I don't think you want to too." The waitress said. I looked at her name tag it read, Carla. "Thanks, Carla." I half smile. "No problem, kid." With that she walked away. "Drink?" Lilly asked. "Yeah, I need one." I nod. We both walk over to the bar, and sit down on one of the stools.

"What'll It be pretty ladies?" The bartender asked. "Shot of anything strong but not way too strong. We still have to get through the day." Lilly told him. He nodded and proceeds to make our drinks. I lay my head on the table. "Ugh! I still don't know what I should do!" I sigh. "Just tell him! That's the best thing you can do at this point." Lilly tells me. "What if he doesn't feel that way about me and our friendship gets awkward?" I ask. "Even though that's very unlikely, make it unawkward!" she tells me. I look up at her, "You're saying that to an awkward person..."

"You must be an awkward person with super powers then." She chuckled. Two shots are placed in front of us. We pick them up and raise them slightly. We both down them, the liquid burns sliding down my throat making it's way to my stomach quickly. "God," Lilly sighs, "That one really has a kick to it." She chuckled. "Yeah it does." I agreed. "So Candy store?" She suggested. "Yeah," I opened my wallet, and placed some money on the table, she placed money down herself and called for the bartender.

^•+•^

We walked into the Candy store named "Candies Candy!" It was like candy wonderland. The walls were pink, with white lines, and lollipop and gumdrop stickers all over the place. Multiple stations filled with chocolate, and rainbows of candy. There were purple boxes stacked from littlest to biggest. All around them were giant sizes of already made candy. Like lollipops, rice crispy's, gummy bears, KitKat's and many more. My mouth waters just looking around. "This is amazing!" Phil said. I looked at him, a childlike twinkle in his eyes. I walked to one of my favorites, gummy bears. I grabbed the scooper, and started putting some in a bag.

We all went around filling up our bags with different types of candy until we were all satisfied. I saw some cute little stuffed animals. They had huge eyes that seemed like they'd follow you, but they were so adorable I couldn't resist. I found a F/a [favorite animal]. I hugged it. "These are so cute!" Phil says catching Dans attention. Dan saw me hugging the one I have in my arms. "Are you gonna get that?" He asked. "Yeah he's just too cute not to get." I giggle. "I'll get it for you." Dan offers. "No, no you don't have to." I told him. "I know, but I want to." He smiles. My lips stretch into a smile, and I nod giving in. "Dan come look at this!" Phil beamed. "I'm gonna go see what he wants." He tells me walking towards the excited Phil.

"See! Do you believe me now?" Lilly asked. I'm honestly starting to believe that he does find some type of interest in me. "Yeah... a little." I smile. "Yes!" She cheered. "Hush... don't expect anything though." I tell her. "What do you mean?" She laughed. "I can tell you're already thinking about us getting together in the future." I chuckle. "It's gonna happen one day!"
"You don't know that!" I laugh. "Oh, but maybe I do." She says and turns on her heel. "Wait! Do you know something?" I ask her. She smirks and walks away from me. She probably doesn't..maybe she's trying to mess with me.

After we're done getting the sweets, and huggable things we want we all head to a gorgeous wooden pavilion. Lilly threw another M&M and I caught it in my mouth making that the tenth time in a row. "We should make videos of us doing this! As a challenge!" Mark says. "Alright, we have to do it before Phil has to leave though." Dan says to him. "When would that be?" Mark asked. "Six days from now." I answer. "Okay tomorrow at my place let's do this then!" Mark says excitedly.

I stuffed another puff of Cotton Candy into my mouth. "So good!" I heard Phil moan taking another bite out of the Twix bar. I grabbed an M&M out of my bag. "Dan!" I called to him. He turned his head towards me. "Open," I command. He opens his mouth and I attempt to throw the M&M in his mouth. I missed completely and he tried to catch it, which he succeeded. The whole table clapped and Dan bowed. "Thank you thank you." He laughs.

•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•

Sorry I've been MIA for so long and the chapter is late. I'm dealing with a bit of family stuff. I'm sorry and here it is hopefully I'll be able to update soon. Love you Kittens!!❤️