Hidden Love (Darkiplier)

Start from the beginning

The moonlight was seeping through his windows, outlining every curve and edge he had on his face. His mouth was slightly parted, making his pearly white teeth seem to glow; his eyelashes cast heavy shadows across his face, making him, somehow, even more beautiful than when he was awake.

You suddenly realized that you were leaning on the doorframe, staring at him. You looked away, ready to close the door.

"Hold up."

You looked back to Dark, your heart suddenly pounding. He looked up at you, his soft breaths filling the room.

"Dark. Sorry, I-I was just wondering where y-your girlfriend was-"

"Girlfriend?" His deep voice interrupted your stuttering.

"Yeah. Joyce."

"She's not my girlfriend," he said slowly, wondering what you were up to.

"Well, I mean... I just thought, since... well, you brought her home, and you seemed pretty in love with her and all...." Your face became a burning mess, and you frowned. "Whatever. Goodnight, Darkiplier." You said it with so much anger, so much hatred, that you were surprised he didn't shrivel up on the spot with all the regret you had burning your insides.

"I said wait, (Y/N)-" But you already closed the door, storming to your bedroom. You didn't want to talk to him, especially not after embarrassing yourself and after everything today. You climbed into bed and cried yourself to sleep, wishing that you could kiss those perfect plump lips of Darkiplier, see the love for you in his eyes.

But he didn't love you.

In the morning, you were awoken to the smell of bacon. You looked outside your window, and saw the crack of dawn peeking through the roofs of the houses. You wiped the sleep from your eyes, and, begrudgingly, brushed your teeth and walked downstairs, wondering what in the hell Dark was doing.

"Dark, I swear to God, I will take the chocolate ice cream you gave me and shove it so far up your ass that you'll be tasting it," you barked, still in a bad mood from last night as you entered the kitchen. You glared daggers at your roommate, but he had his back turned to you, earbuds in his ears, listening to music. The sound was bleeding through, and you could hear the song he was listening to.

"We can do whatever we want to. Hey there Delilah, here's to you, this one's for you...."

What in the world was that stupid excuse of a demon doing?

"Making breakfast for you," he replied, looking back to you with gleaming black eyes. "Sorry, I'm out of chocolate ice cream."

"And why would you be making breakfast for me, Dark?" you spat.

"Because it's my way of apologizing." He put the bacon and pancakes on the plate, along with eggs, just the way you liked them, and put them on the dining table. Then he strode to you.

"Apologizing for what, making me stay up late to have to take care of your drunk ass?"

He smiled. "To apologize for the fact that I left you out of the lurch for so long." He leaned closer to you, and you could smell spearmint dancing on the tip of his tongue. It made you very grateful that you brushed your teeth before you came down.

"What are you hiding from me, Darkiplier?" You were more curious than anything now, and his charcoal black eyes were staring at you with amusement as his large hand squeezed yours, his slim fingers wrapping around your hand as if he wanted to make sure you were real.

"The fact that I love you~" As soon as the words fell from his pale lips, he pressed them against yours, holding it there to just stop and savour the moment.

As for you, you were in complete ecstasy. It felt as though time froze around you, and you wanted nothing more than to stay in that moment for eternity.

When he pulled away, it was only to take a breath. His mouth was tilted up in a smile, his right hand, the one that wasn't holding your hand, travelled along your jawline, then gripped your chin, firmly, but not tightly.

"Apology accepted," you just said, making him chuckle.

"I can never get anything more than a smile from you before you're back to your regular smart-ass ways, can I?" he asked quietly, moving his hands to your hips, and started swaying.

"Nope," you grinned, wrapping your arms around him. "What made you say it today? And how long have you loved me?"

"I... I think I knew it for a long time, but I never admitted it to myself. It only really dawned on me when I saw you so frustrated last night. I saw the look you gave her, Joyce, I mean. It was one of complete fury... and sorrow... it made me realize...." His gaze travelled from the floor to you, and he looked almost pitiful, "that I never wanted to see you that distraught about anything ever again. I told Joyce that I wasn't interested in her, and made her leave... I'm sorry. For making you angry. It's just that... I don't know."

"It's in the past now, Dark. I love you," you said, and leaned against his chest.

You and Dark stayed like that for a bit longer in perfect harmony, then sighed, "The breakfast is going to get cold."

"The breakfast can wait as long as it damn well pleases," Dark laughed, and pulled out an earbud, handing it to you; you placed it in your ear, just in time for the song to replay.

"Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City? I'm a thousand miles away, but girl, tonight you look so pretty, yes, you do. Times Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true...."

========================================

Word count: 1606

Look at that! It's a wild update!

Was that cute enough to satisfy your needs until sometime in about two weeks? Because that's how long it'll take to get the next update.

I'm working on a twelve days of Christmas one-shot thing, but that starts on the 25th, so you don't have to worry about that yet. But hey, guess what's going to be awesome for you and a pain in the rear for me! Since it's the "twelve days of Christmas" and all, I'm going to have to update every day. Crazy, I know! But that also means that I can't really work on other people's requests that often. I can get one, maybe two more out, but then it's fully into the Christmas Spirit, as they say, and making sure that I don't screw it up! Wowie!

Please have mercy on my dying soul.