The Unknown

"It was a long life ago, that I always try to forget, but it seems like it won't go away. I had it all, I had a home, a purpose and a pass-time. I wasn't aware of the world I lived in. I wasn't aware of the grand scheme behind it all. I wasn't aware that I was a God in a realm so small, yet so unexplored. All I knew was stones, paper, windows and wine. Until the day I saw her. It was the day I saw my demon, the person who got me here, however, I have no idea if I'm grateful for what she did or not. She killed me that day, but I survived. I survived because I despised her so much. I survived because I wanted to kill every living cell in her body. Little did I know, I didn't have to do that since someone else already did it. So instead of going back to my home, my little comfort zone, somewhere I could heal and be on my feet again, I decided to run. I decided to run towards ghostlands, towards shadowville, towards the Unknown. And trust me, it is worse than it sounds. I met some bad people, overglorified Gods, sinful deities. But I also met some good people, nature, light, and the killer of it all. I met her again, but she was different. She wasn't the same person that killed me. She was deadly, mortal and dying. She needed me, and with my help, I got imbued with her curse. She got killed, and I haven't been the same ever since. Part of me got killed with her. It's still atop that Mountain. I carry one memory of her, a rose, the rose that almost got me killed. If it wasn't for her, my soul would have been forever lost."

Mind paused for a minute then picked up, "It's been eleven years and nine months now. It still stings when I lay on my back. It still hurts when I shower. But the pain of her image, her frail body dropping on the ground, her eyes, looking lifelessly into the darkness of the night, all of this makes the physical pain feel like a papercut. I wish I could forget her face, her scent, her voice... But I can't. It's part of me. She is forever, in my Heart."

A long silence reigned in the room, until a grumpy familiar voice came in breaking it.

"BACK TO WORK, YOU SCUM."

Mind put the rose in his under pocket, grabbed his mop, and started doing the one thing he's been doing for the past nine years: mopping the floor while thinking of the day he lost Heart.