Humility and Pride P.II

"Son signed son's certificate of silence!" Shouted S. "YOU DARE TRESPASS INTO MY DOMAIN MORTAL? I WHO GAVE YOU SHELTER AND SANCTUARY!"

"I didn't mean to trespass anything your divinity. I stumbled upon this room, and wondered why it wasn't covered in gold. I happened to have seen the exact same pillar shape somewhere in a desert and there was this same inscrip-"

"THAT TRAITOR PLUTUS LEFT HIS AESPEX IN THE OPEN!" Interjected S. "Give me the palettes Mortal, and I will let you walk free out of this."

"Not before I know what is happening, what are these strange palettes, where do they lead and what happened to Plutus."

"Give them first and I'll let you know everything. I always tell the truth, I'm known to always to tell the truth."

That's where Mind figured everything out. If Hubris was in fact the God of Pride, and he knew Plutus, God of Greed, that means the two were linked to a much more powerful fate. Besides, why would Mind hand the two most precious things he held on to since the Map? He gave the Map to the wrong person and it almost got him killed. But Mind had an idea. It was a long shot but it was his only way out of this.
Thus, Mind, casually walked up to Hubris. He even pushed him past the door like he wasn't even there. And this infuriated the God. A mortal, pushing him? Disobeying him? Mocking his divine presence?

"Are you out of your Mind, mortal?"

"Good, you started calling me by my name, son."

Hubris was inflamed. He finally showed his true form. A legless spirit, that had a golden aura around him, three eyes and a horn. His eyes were glowing black. His hands were holding orbs of fire, ready to fire at Mind. But Mind didn't shift. He knew better.

"As expected, you are indeed very yellow," mocked Mind.

The next Mind saw was a a fire missile heading towards him, and a blinding light whitening his eyesight. But again, Mind didn't flinch. And it hit him. Right in the heart. And nothing happened. Exactly as Mind predicted.

"See, you're so full of yourself, that even your supposedly "battle magic" have no effect on anyone. It's all morbid imagery, son."

Mind now started running in any direction he saw. His little act was now long over and he needed to flee the wrath of a God. Good thing Mind was wandering in the night, he followed a path that lead to a high balcony. Hubris was now behind him. And the only thing that separated Mind from freedom, was a two hundred feet drop.

"Farewell humble friend, this is my world after all. If it wanted to kill me, it would have done so by now."

Mind, jumped.