The Sixth Letter

Mind and Heart were both looking at the castle when the monster spoke behind them. They didn't even dare turn around when his cold piercing voice snuggled between them like a freezing breeze on a January morning. Heart knew deep down that she shouldn't have let him out, but without him, they would have died in the rubble, but something else was troubling her...

"I haven't really introduced myself," said the monster. "I am not what you think I am. Yes, I was caged like an animal, fed like a vermin, tortured like a tormented soul, lashed like a criminal, cut, mined, mistreated, abused, mutilated, oppressed and when my soul harvest was done, I was killed. Yes, I died and lived. But that's not the end of it. I managed to hide some of my powers within a stone, a Zircon that I found laying on the ground. They hold magic when they glow and it happened to magically glow back then. I didn't know how it got into my cell, but I guess I got smiled upon by the fathers."

Mind and Heart were still listening from behind. The air felt really chilly and they still didn't dare to turn around. For all they know, this monster might be a Man, just like he might be a Demon. There was no chances to take, so they both held on to their weapons and decided to let him continue to talk.

"When you freed me young lady, I embraced the final extends of my powers and teleported us here. Now, I am powerless, so this means that I should be the one to be afraid... yet you both aren't facing me."

Mind turned, still holding his grounded mace. The monster was a Man, darkly cloaked. Mind approached him and took his robes off. His face was completely burned, tortured and lashed, just like he described.

"Who are you exactly?" Asked Mind.

"I used to go by the Almighty. I lead my people into prosperity and ease of living, until my siblings thought I went soft. So, they decided to create uprisings; Lyssa and Philotes had the biggest say in this. They made me who I am today. I lost my people and my wealth to greed. And this is the one and true story of Plutus."

"Mind, you won't believe this...". Heart hasn't been paying much attention to Plutus and Mind. She was focused on the parchment Hyperion left. 

"My dearest, if this letter, the sixth and final letter, finds you, know that I probably died. Imbue this paper with magic, and you'll acquire the treasures and fortunes you always deserved. This is a map no man can read."