Chapter 2: Shiki Senri

Start from the beginning

   Eventually, I tried my best to trust Shiki and the giggling faded in my ears. I couldn’t hear it anymore and we were on the ground once again.

   I opened my eyes and saw Shiki holding me gently. My cheeks were flushed but I was quite flustered by the fact that someone wanted to have me? Who was that guy?

   “Are you alright?” He asked. I snapped and hit his arms away.

   “What the hell happened?! Who was that guy?” I shouted. He stood tall, his face emotionless again.

   “You saw him?”

   “N-no,” I lied, “I only heard him but why did he want me?” Shiki sighed and pat me on the head.

   “Don’t worry,”

   “Don’t pat me!” I snapped and hit his hand away.

   “Senri, what a nice night to see you out on. Skipping class?” A man, youthful in looks stood behind Shiki. He was very tall and had medium length brown hair. He had dark red eyes but he didn’t take my interest in attraction. He was quite handsome.

   “I have permission to show this girl around before her classes in the next morning.” Shiki nodded at him. The man gazed at me in amusement. I turned away as he smiled at me.

   “And what is this lady’s name,” He came to stand in front of me. I looked up at him.

   “Yuna Yamazaki,” I murmured quietly. He nodded. He was also wearing the same white and outlined black uniform with a red tie.

   “Nice to meet you Yuna. My names Kaname Kuran. I am from the night class as well as Senri here.” He reached for my hand and gently held it for a moment. “You’re quite beautiful—you know that?” He kissed the back of my hand and I began to blush. I snatched it away quickly.

   “I’m sorry… I don’t like it when guys I don’t even know do things like that…” I whispered and looked at Shiki. Something strange was going on and I was really frightened.

   “I am sorry if I did or said anything to make you feel uncomfortable,” I rubbed my arm and stared at his nicely shaped face. “I wanted to make you feel the opposite of that, warm and welcome.”

   I gave him a half smile and Shiki glanced down at me. He walked over to Kaname and led him a little way away from me. I bet he was going to tell him about that guy from before.

   I concentrated on their conversation but they were whispering so quietly, I could only make out the words “Level E” and that made no sense at all to me anyway so what was the point?

   “I see,” Kaname murmured as he deeply thought. “I could sense an unwanted presence on the grounds—and I noticed you were not in class Shiki… We must go.” Kaname glanced down at me. “Yuna, can you make your way back to your dorm without a problem?”