Where is Jared Chapter 26

Chapter 26- JESSIE

I looked at Tim, wondering why he thought he'd made a mistake. "You didn't do anything, Tim."

"Yea. I'm such a hypocrite. I told you not to stand for their crap, and then I turned around and answered their questions anyway."

"But you didn't even answer them thoroughly. It's not like you cheerfully gave them what they wanted. God, I'd hate to know that this is how celebrities live." I said calmly.

"Yea. I still feel bad, though." He said.

Tim stayed at my house until after dinner, which my mother insisted on cooking. "I really appreciate you helping Jessie out with this murder thing. I know, I told her not to get involved, but she did. And you were there to make sure she... didn't really hurt herself." My mother said to Tim during the meal.

"I don't want her hurt any more than you do. And, your welcome, Mrs. Stover." Tim said politely. He looked at me thoughtfully. It seemed like he was saying 'See? I do love you; Almost as much as your mother.' It made me self conscious.

I still talked to Tim over the next few weeks, but he never actually came over for more than a few minutes at a time. And those few times, I found myself not wanting him to leave. It was sad, I thought, to see my love for him growing. I didn't want to love him, still for the same reason as always: I couldn't let my past love go.

But I did want to love him. And I could eventually, right?

It was two days before the trial. And this trial was the one that would decide my future worries. If we won, I'd have none, for a while. If we lost...I didn't even want to think about it. Because we would not lose. Tim, Katie, and I were going to help put these creeps behind bars.

I had to go to school, and of course, it had to be Monday. I hate Mondays, but doesn't everyone? Gladly, today would be the first school day without my stupid wheelchair tagging along with me. Tim surprisingly asked for a ride to school, something he hadn't done since... a long time ago, just leave it at that.

"You don't mind, do you?" He flashed me a heartbreaking smile, one that told me he would have put up a fight just to stay in the car.

"Nope. It's okay."

He got in, chattering about some assignment that was due, one that I had already finished, thankfully.

"...and I had to type the whole thing again!" He was ranting. A sudden thought hit me.

"Tim, um... when were we supposed to go on a date?"

His eyes lit up, and his love for me became more noticeable. "Why? Did you decide...?"

"No, not yet." I didn't want to sound hasty, but I didn't love him any more than a brother. "I just... wanted to prepare myself, that's all."

His face fell ten thousand feet. He frowned. "Well, I'm not doing anything tomorrow, if you want to go out to eat. You could dress nice, and we'll go to Olive Garden."

"Um..." I felt terrible that I'd hurt him, but he deserved this date. Besides, I'd promised I'd give him a chance. "Okay. I'll be at your house at six-thirty tomorrow."

We both got out of the car at school, and walked to class together.

TIM

She had actually brought the date up to me. 'Tim, um... when were we supposed to go on a date?' She'd said. I hadn't even had to ask her, remind her, or mention the date at all. She was growing soft, and I loved it.

So our date was set for tonight. At six thirty, she would be knocking on my door, dressed nicely, ready for a night out. But would I be ready? Hell yea. It was what I'd been waiting for: for months now.