Chapter 32

I looked up at him and saw him staring at me. I signalled him to tell me what it is. He closed his eyes and then glancing over Derek, he said, " I'll be back. I'm going to the washroom. "

Before Derek could reply, he left the room. Another massage came as he walked out.

I'm waiting.

A weird feeling engulfed me as I read that message. As if it was a threat, I felt sweat beads over my forehead.

" Whom are you texting? ", Lorraine asked. Myra smirked and said, " I guess someone special. "

I gave her a glare and then quickly slamming my mobile to my ear, I told them-

" I got a call. I'll be back in a second. ", I said and left the room, I dropped my mobile into my pocket.

Leaving the main building I saw Sam standing there at a side and reading from a small paper in his hands as if he was trying to mug up something.

" Sam... ", I called out. He quickly hid the paper behind his back and into his back pocket.

" Yep. Thanks for coming over. ", he said and then taking my hand by him he started walking.

" What? Sam...? Where are you going? ", I asked hurriedly. He just kept walking.

" Sam. ", I gave my last call at him, when I saw his face marred with tension and stress.
At last, he stopped when I realised that we were in the starting areas of a forest. Mild wild trees grown.

" Sam, I don't know what we are doing here. ", I spoke when he calmly said. " I just want to tell you one thing. Obvious reasons, you can already understand, what I'll tell you. "

I shook my head, saying a no.

Though I knew what was happening. Each organ I had in me was shaking and trembling.

He's going to confess to me.

" Don't make it difficult Sarah. You know I'm so bad at these. You have seen me. ", he said pleadingly. He looked so vulnerable at the moment.

" What are you saying... Sam. ", I asked. I laughed inwards as I never saw a guy so gullible.

He suddenly bent down and picked up a big stone. Opps. Is he going to kill me, with that- ?

" Sam... I ge- ", I started but instead on me, he threw it on a large bush which was hardly visible due to the darkness.

I looked at the bush. What is even supposed to happen? Is a bomb going to explode and an ' I love you ' would come out of it. Or will fireworks happen?

Keeping my mind engaged for a second when suddenly Sam came really near me and then locking his right arm with my shoulder he asked, " What do you see? "

I looked in front. Yet nothing.

" Nothing. ", I answered. He then turned me towards him and then taking a deep breath, he said, " Once, my life was that. All dark and cold, with my family problems going on, always. "

His hands were grabbing my waist now.

" I felt that love never existed and I started hating the existence of girls in my life. I hated girls. First one of them ruined my dad's life being my mom, who ruined my childhood alongside.
Every girl, was hated by me. But then, I came in this school in grade eight. I made friends with the most awesome kids here. My dark life was a bit in light, like this. ", he said and then pointed at the previous spot.

Ten to twenty fireflies were flying about. I was awed by their beauty. I didn't realized that they were there because Sam had me toxcified in his words.

" Sam... They are... ", I started but I stopped. He pulled me more closer, his hand held mine tightly.

" Brittany was yet another reason to all these. And then came you. The quite girl from our English and history classes from my grade eleven. I noticed you the very first day. I felt something in me which wanted to talk to you.

An attraction. But somehow I couldn't. My constant hatred towards girls made me ignore you all the time. But luckily that who ever it was punched me. That too in front of your house. I got a reason to talk.

" We talked and then the bus rides. Truly speaking that was my very first bus ride as I only travelled in cars. I lied to you about my car being broken and took a bus ride just for you. I really had problem in finding my way back home that day. "

I laughed as he said that. I can't believe that all these actually happened and I thought I didn't even existed to him.

" Even the night we had a deal to help Aron and Brittany I wasn't following her, I was following you. ", he said.

Then standing straight, know front of me, he said, " You actually made this trip memorable. Every trip I ever made this one had been the best. Every sleepless nights I had before, was actually replaced by a relieved sleep. You changed me a lot. Your mere presence is enough for my happy mood. ", he said and then suddenly sitting down on one knee, he said.

" I love you... Sarah Morails. Will you be mine? ", he asked.

My heart was beating so heavily.

" Will you be the light of my life as you always have been? ", he asked again. I glanced back and now I saw a the whole area lit up by a gazzilions of fireflies.

The view was mesmerising.

I turned my eyes back at him. He looked at me hopefully. I nodded a yes to him and before anything I pulled him up and hugged him tightly.

" I knew you would agree... I heard you say I love you to me last night. ", he said hugging me.

" I really do love you... ", I said still hugging him, " Since my sophomore year, I liked you... Thank you for this... I... love you. "

I spoke but tears just however fell from my eyes. He hugged me tighter.

*-*