Chapter 16

" You saved me, almost. ", I said as we entered our room. The building was relatively small with the rooms even more smaller. The beds were relatively larger than I expected with all facilities an average room should have.

Satisfied ☑

" I was always your savior. You would have been in jail if we haven't been with you. The blessings called friends. ", she said as if I had murdered someone. She kept her bag on the bed and took out her night clothes.

" What's the time? ", I asked popping out of the topic we were talking.

" Fifteen minutes to nine. ", she muttered as she returned her face from her watch, towards her bag again.

" Are they like going to put off the lights as its nine? ", I asked remembering a movie where they had some light out at nine, system.
They won't be having that in this tour right? Would they?

" No, I hope they don't... We aren't kids. ", she muttered not even looking at me.

I didn't reply and started unpacking my bags which nearly took me a good fifteen minutes. I was dressed in my super clumsy night dress and Myra was already on the bed with a small book.

" Everyone knows you are a nerd. ", I said shuffling her hair a bit, when suddenly everything went black.
Myra screamed as it happened but I was so scared that I couldn't even scream. All I could see was black.

" What the hell? ", I asked or rather screamed.

" I can't believe they really turned their lights off... ", I heard Myra mutter.

*-*

I was deep asleep when suddenly I felt my throat itch badly. I coughed out as I sat up. Looking around I saw that there was no water with me and I instantly needed water.
Wearily, as I stepped out of my bed— I put my legs in my cozy slippers which I carried from home and started walking out of the door.

My eyes were getting relatively set in the darkness.

" Can't things be all fine between us as it was a year back? ", I heard a female cocky voice say.

" No. ", I heard a very known voice. Aron, obviously.

" But... ", most probably Brittany said, " I really... Love you. I have changed. Believe me. Please. "

I almost choked on my own saliva.

" Someone is there... ", Aron said and then a whole lot of footsteps were heard and everything was silent.

This Brittany confessed liking Roger and now she likes my bestie. This bitch! I walked out and headed to the water cooler area and picked up a glass to fill the water.

When I heard footsteps again. This time it took me a second to realise that it was Sam.

Okay...

The faint light from the moon outside and the strange feeling I get whenever he's near just added to my guess.

" Sam? ", I asked.

" Oh... Sarah, what are you doing here? ", he asked. I pointed to the cooler and he nodded in utter enlightenment.

" What are you... ? ", I started but he cut me off saying, " I was returning from the washroom, when... I... Uh saw you. "

My cheeks heated up.

But then realization struck me. If he had known that it's me he wouldn't be shocked to hear my voice.

So, he's lying.

" Sam, don't lie. ", I muttered angrily.

" Smarty pants... ", he said sighing, " Okay, I was spying. "

" Brittany and Aron are acting weird. Last day I started stalking them and things are pretty strange. ", he said. I half sighed in relaxation.

" Okay... ", I said mentally debating if I should tell him that I heard Aron and Brittany talk.

" I sense that too. What's up between them? ", I asked as if I was speaking to myself.

" You sure that you were not stalking them like me? ", he asked. I let out a chuckle while saying a no.

" I thought you didn't really care for your sister. You were always so ignorant about her... ", I started on a completely unrelated topic but he cut me off.

" I love her. She's my sister. I just fail to show it sometimes. ", he said in a defeating voice.

A moment passed.

" That doesn't give you the access to stalk her though. ", I said breaking the silence.

" Look who's talking. You were stalking your best friend! ", he said as if a fact.

Okay... I am stalking him. But it wasn't intentional. I woke up for water and that's the truth.

" Stop blaming you chimp muck. ", I snickered at him. He laughed or rather grunted.

" Better we help each other and find what's wrong with them. ", he suggested but I remained quite.

He put in front his hand saying, " Are you in this mission to find and solve out problems between them? ", he asked, dramatically.

I clapped my hand against his hand, saying, " I'm in. "

*-*