Chapter 10

" Hun, are you taking the deodrants for the trip. You know you smell like a guinea pig when you sweat a bit. I want your friends to come back alive. ", my mom said laughing between every word she said.

Nathan grinned at me as she said so. Dad was busy with the newspaper.

" So for how many days is this trip for? ", he asked as we were having our fun time.

Dad never really got into things related to me or Nathan.

" Um dad, it's for two weeks. ", I said with a nervous tone. Never had he laid his hands on me but still I'm terrified of him.

" Hmm. I hope you both will be good children and stay there as nice as possible. A complain and no more outings this year. ", Dad said. Did I ever disclose the fact that the last time we went somewhere as a family was France and that was when I was three.

It didn't matter anyway.

" Oh... ", I started, but Nathan completed, " Kay... "

We both stared at each other and a smile broke on our faces.

" Go to your room. I have something to talk about with your mom. " , he said and we obediently followed. Once, I've seen them cuddling when we left.

A little blush appeared on my cheeks, just at the thought.

" Romance huh? ", Nathan asked nudging me as we came out of the room. I giggled.

We both walked towards the living room where we left our half packed bags on the couch.
I shoved in the deodrants I took from mom, well you know why I took them. Though I don't believe that I smell that bad.

" So, I'll be picking you up after my after school practices are done. I know you are having a problem but it's the final year. I want to play. ", Nathan said shaking the bag as his clothes settled down.

I instantly thought about Sam.

Suddenly all I want is to go on that stinky little bus by Sam's side.

" Eh, no. I don't think you need to do that. I'm quite big and anyways after a couple of months, I'm turning eighteen. I'll have my own car to drive to school. ", I said snickering.

He has an SUV because he is already a year older than me.

" Well okay. ", he said turning back, but snapping back quickly, he asked " Didn't you hate bus rides? "

I shook my head.

Oh brother, I don't anymore!

" Used to. I don't think public transport is that bad. Is it? ", I asked him back. Somewhere I still hate the fact that I travel by bus.

" Hmm... ", he hummed a yes or no, I don't know but I turned and walked into my kitchen.

He followed me there like a lost puppy.

" I'm hearing stuffs you know. ", he started. I looked up and saw him look kinda worried.

" What? ", I asked tapping on the wooden base of the kitchen sink. Grabbing a bottle, I pulled it closer to me.

" About you and Aron. ", he ended.

I looked back and eyed him. I rather glared at him. Is he...

" Are you drunk? ", I asked.

" Listen to me first. ", he said shaking me, " I heard that you guys aren't friends anymore! "

Okay...

" What? ", I asked this time pretending to shocked even though I myself thought that

" Yes! people saw you two ignoring each other. You guys even have different company now. ", he said sniffling.

I shook my head.

" Nathan... ", I wanted him to shut up, but I didn't. Whatever secret Aron was keeping isn't going to lead us any where good.

It's turning bad.

It's ruining our friendship.

He snapped me out of the thoughts, when I decided to change the topic.

" Ignoring whatever you just said. ", I started sitting on the side table, " What's in with you and some one? "

He blushed and frowned at the same time.

" I don't know what you are saying... ", he said the red cheeks still present.

" Someone or Myra? ", I asked. His eyes grew larger as my brother starts blushing.

" Be clear... ", he said!

" Do you like Myra. I mean you guys don't have normal conversations now a days. It is all just staring and stealing glances ", I teased. Did I notice that they have turned super awkward over time.

He just nodded his head and walked away.

" Wait... ", I said when I realised what he did. He just nodded his head, to agree that- He likes Myra!

*-*