Chapter 24

" Hm... ", I hummed as I patiently waited for the rain to stop when he sat on a dirty flat surface and said, " So let's do something. It's really boring. "

" We are stuck. What can we do? ", I asked when I thought of all the nsfw stuff we could be doing. He put forward his hand and asked me to calm down.

" We can- I don't know. You say something. ", he said when I decided what to ask.

" So you are the head guy of our school. Quite popular, I must say and as far as I have seen, people like you are always covered with girls- ", I started but he cut me off in between, by a laugh.

I frowned.

" That's a problem that I don't have girls around me? ", he asked. I nodded to say a yes.

" That's against being popular dude. ", I said placing my hand in front of his face.

" It's also against being friends with people who are not popular... so is our friendship wrong? ", he asked. My eyebrows rose in shock but fell instantly.

Did he just call me unpopular. I mean I know I am... still :(

" No ", I muttered. Our tensed situation lightened a bit when he got up holding the window pane. Water drops spluttered in.

" So the problem is that I don't have a girlfriend yet? ", he asked again. I looked up and saw him smirking mischievously.

" No... I mean yeah. ", I agreed. He walked towards near me and then coming near my ears, he whispered, " I like someone already. "

My heart broke into a thousand pieces the very moment.

" Even I like a guy very much. You know, I had can crush on him since my sophomore year and he's also my friend. ", I said. Obviously, it's Sam whom I am stating but he wouldn't doesn't understand.

He nodded, frowning a bit.

" Who? ", he asked. I looked up at him, to see him quite angry. Why would he be angry with me?

He was the one who just shattered my heart.

" A mystery guy... ", I said with a creepy accent. And then I myself laughed.

He looked away with a smile.

" Derek was- you know saying something about you and your mo- ", I started and ended right there.

He looked up at me. His face glinting up with shock and horror.

" Oh... Um. What? ", he asked gulping saliva down his throat. I mentally thought what to say, he didn't even tell me anything anything after that.

" He said that you and your mom, you know... face problems. ", I said, completely blank about what to say next.

He narrowed his eyes.

" Okay sorry, he said nothing I said nothing... ", I said ending it up when he stopped me.

" All my close friends know about my family and... I guess even you should know. ", he muttered. " Nothing like those creepy horror story mystery though. "

I nodded.

" So my dad and my mom separated when I was twelve... six years ago. ", he started.

" My parents had an arrange marriage so mom never really liked dad as a husband. So, she started drinking and going out on dates with other guys. Dad tried to do everything to make her love him... but she was indifferent.

" She then, fell for a guy named Adrea, a drunkard and Mom asked for a divorce. Dad really loved Mom but however he agreed on mutual divorce and they parted.

" Peace returned after she was away. All her antics made me hate her... but somewhere I did miss her. After all she's my mom. She still calls me and Brittany and asks about us.

" That night also she called me. That's it. ", he ended without a reaction on his face.

I didn't really knew what to say. He and Brittany,l went through a lot.

" Sam- ", I was about to call him, when he started again.

" Sarah, I really love my sister but a year ago I realised that she was carbon copy of my mom. As if a smaller version. Her character, her way of dating and cheating guys. Everything! I try not to think of her like that. But I can't help it. ", he said, as if holding back as sob.

I rubbed his back to calm him down.

" Sarah- she always followed mom. She was her role model and when she left, Brittany changed too. That always happy girl turned mean and depressed- I even tried to help her out but she never really wanted to get back to what she was before. The separation affected her the most and that's the sole reason I want Aron in her life. She is eager to change herself if Aron is by her side. "

My eyes felt a bit heavy when I realised that my eyes has already watered up.

*-*