Chapter 18

" You will do it. ", she said staring right at me. My heart skipped not one but quite some beats.
I knew it was me still I looked around and then looking at her again, I asked, " Me? "

She nodded.

Myra clasped her hands on my shoulder whispering a best of luck in my ears.

I walked in front and she backed away from the horse and said, " Don't worry, it isn't that hard. "

I gulped the lump that was created in my throat and clutched the strap tightly. I could feel all eyes staring at me, ready to laugh when I fall from there.

Sam would see me fall.

" Can't I pass? ", I asked her in a whisper.

" C'mon, be brave and try it. ", she assured me and closed her eyes as she said, you can trust me.

Breathing heavily, I took a step on the buckle and lifted my shaking legs and put it across the horse.
After a second, I was sitting on a horse. I was actually sitting on a horse, by my own.
In my mind I patted my own back.

" Oh great... ", Amanda exclaimed, clapping her palms together. The crowd and also the guys group broke into applause.

" The girls are the better learners, learn from them boys. ", Robert said hissing at the boys.

" I told you I am a better teacher. Loser. ", Amanda said, bickering her brother Robert.

I looked at Nathan who looked proudly at me then Aron was clapping his hands, noiselessly. Sam, just stared at me a smirk plastered over his face

He looked adorably cute.

*-*

" That was awesome. How did you get up on that so fast? ", Nathan asked as we four sat on the hostel dining room, obviously accompanied by other students who were busy talking to each other.

" Talent... ", I said dramatically.

" Anyone can do that. ", Aron said teasingly.

" Oh that's why you fell from the horse while trying to get up? ", I asked. Nathan and Myra grunted in laughter.

" I was hugging the ground. ", he said under his breath.

" Backwards! ", Myra asked a little surprised.

" I'm freaking talented. ", he answered as I realized that I once read it in a meme.

" Then why were you crying after that? ", Nathan asked pointing at the cut on his arm he got after he fell down.

" It was an emotional moment. ", I said completing it. We all four bursted out laughing.

" What's the joke here? ", I heard someone say. Looking back I saw Sam and group.

Derek said it.

" Come sit here. ", Myra said, moving away from Aron, making place. Derek and Lauren sat next to Nathan, Brittany next to Myra and Sam between me and Aron.

" Miss Super punch got more talents than punching. ", Derek muttered in a funny voice.

Derek... why?

WHY?

why?

" That she got. ", Nathan added staring at me in a mischievous way.

" Let's have our lunch please. I'm starving ", I said, cutting them off. How I wish I could actually cut them off.

" Don't be embarrassed. ", Aron said trying to be as normal as possible.
After all Brittany was right in front of him.

" Did you their reactions as they saw each other. ", Sam whispered to me. I shivered as his face was so close to me.

" They like each other. Just things need to be sorted out between them. ", he continued his whisper.

" Oh c'mon, love birds. ", Derek said snapping us out of our conversation.
My cheeks flustered in unnamed colors of red as he called us love birds.

" We were talking Derek! ", Sam said growling at him.

" Oops sorry. ", Derek said laughing as if he didn't accept the fact that we were actually talking.

" Why can't you guys just eat? ", Brittany screamed all of a sudden. We were shaken by her abrupt burst.
She got up and rushed away. We stared at each other when Sam said, " Aron please check upon her. "

It was abrupt but certainly very clever.

Aron was about to disagree but Myra and Nathan forced him. Lorraine pleaded too.

" She needs someone right now. ", I added. He gave up and got up to leave and go after her.

Sam and I did a high five and he said, " Our mission is on. "

*-*