Chapter 12

" I'm so done with Aron's attitude. He has a problem with me mixing with Sam. What the hell? ", I muttered to myself.

I cursed Nathan for the overall happening of all these things. Hadn't I punched him, Sam wouldn't really talk and Aron —for only he knows reasons— wouldn't be ignoring me.

So the main culprit is Nathan.

Pushing my body weight on the railing, I started tapping my feet on the ground. The bus was unreasonably late today as if it won't come until Sam does.

Yes, I decided to ignore him.

After a few minutes I heard a horn, and realised that the bus was already there. I rushed towards it and got in quickly.

Somewhere I did feel bad that I'm ignoring my ultimate crush but I was proud that I chose my best friend, over my crush. I'll get over him anyway... right?

Sitting on the window seat, I look back and saw the bus stop still empty. I don't know but he shouldn't be this late.

Should he?

Turning in front, I decided to listen to some music to however divert my mind.

When the bus has traveled a long way almost nearing my house, it stopped at one stop. I looked out and saw a white bike with a girl and guy talking right next to it. They were quarrelling about something.

Common thing.

But what was shockingly uncommon was that, the bike was as same as Aron's. The hair do of the guy is like Aron and very strangely the girl seems like Brittany.

I quickly got off the bus. In heart panting about the fact that I have to walk back the rest.

Going near them in a not so much to be seen but in an audible distance.

" You ruined everything in my life. Brittany. ", Aron shouted at her. " And you expect me to help you. No! "

Brittany held his hand tightly and said, " Please, it's my only chance to get Roger. Throughout my life I came in between relationships just for the fun of it. I even ruined yours but I never thought I would like someone so much. Please help me. "

Hmm...

Roger, the school quarterback.

" No. ", he straightly said. " Should have thought that before that night. When you came in between Charlotte and me. When you deliberately kissed and made out with me. When you claimed me to be your boyfriend. You should have thought it could ruin your love life too. "

Brittany backed a pace.

Aron's anger is now understandable. But why hate Sam?

" Aron I- ", she started when Aron snapped at her saying, " Your brother is after my best friend now. Tell him to stay away. I know that you and that pretending to be nice brother of yours  are the same... "

Okay...

Sam isn't after me right? Is he?

" Sa-Sam... He is just friends with Sara. What is wrong with you and Sam now? ", she asked possessively.

" I don't trust the Calverts. ", he said, as if on his own. " And you find your own way to return home from tomorrow. I'm not dropping you off anymore. "

Aron quietly got up on his bike and motioned Brittany to sit back. Aron looked so hurt and so did Brittany.

What's actually going on between them?

*-*

As I reached home after trudging down the whole way, I fell on my bed with a thud. I've never felt so tired.

Mentally drained— The correct word.

As I was almost drifting of to sleep, suddenly my phone started ringing. To my surprise, it was Aron.

I hurriedly picked it up.

" Sorry. ", he said right at the very beginning. I was partly shocked. " I shouldn't have said things like that. Your life, you can be friends with Sam. What I tried to tell was that - be careful. "

I didn't know what to say.

" Sarah, are you there? ", he asked as I didn't speak anything.

" I'll accept your apology if you come and sit with us during the tour. Okay? ", I asked like a child wanting a chocolate bar.

Wait, I do want a chocolate bar now that I think about it.

" Okay... ", he said laughing as if after a long time. He was about to disconnect the call but I stopped him.

" Aron, not trying to be sentimental or anything but, I missed you. ", I said but before he could return it, I disconnected the call.

A message blinked on my phone, from Aron,

I missed you too.

*-*